Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Woodson

Need to wear sunscreen?

Hi guys,

I need advice on sun protection. I know we definitely need to wear sunscreen when we are outside. But what if I stay home that day? I know there're windows everywhere, but I cover it with blind/shade so there's only very minimal sunlight going into the house. In this case, do I still need to put on any sunscreen? The reason I ask this question is I try to avoid any chemical possible on my face when I don't have to. Any advice I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Woodson

Peoples' opinions vary on this subject. Personally, I am very fair and wear an spf of 15 every day whether or not I am heading outside. If I am heading outside, I try to wear a spf of 30.

Hi guys,

I need advice on sun protection. I know we definitely need to wear sunscreen when we are outside. But what if I stay home that day? I know there're windows everywhere, but I cover it with blind/shade so there's only very minimal sunlight going into the house. In this case, do I still need to put on any sunscreen? The reason I ask this question is I try to avoid any chemical possible on my face when I don't have to. Any advice I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Woodson

They Say no question is a stupid question. But in this case we will make an exception. You are hereby nominated for the stupiedest question of the year award! eusa_clap.gif

James

James,

If my question is nominated for the stupiedest question of the year, I think your answer is nominated for the stupiedest answer of the year!

The only stupid question is one that never gets asked. I think using sunscreen indoors is a bit extreme.

Old guy, I do totally agree w/ you that wearing sunscree indoor is a bit extreme. Because I don't wear make-up at home and I don't like the feeling of puting chemical on my face. But at the same time OursFan is right--it's better to wear sunscreen everyday no matter indoor or outdoor . I just did some reserach myself and that's what I find:

Tip 01 >>> UV rays-The Archenemy of Your Skin!

Whenever there is sunlight, we are never free from the harmful effects of the UV rays, no matter what the time of year. Even clouds, windows or curtains will not provide adequate protection: the UV rays will reach our skin just the same. And if a cloudy day or staying indoors won't protect against UV rays, can you imagine how much more damaging it would be to stay out in the sun on a warm, sunny summer day? No matter how much energy you spend on skincare, if you neglect protecting against the effects of UV rays, all your other efforts will be in vain. So arm yourself with a perfect shield against UV rays that works anytime, anywhere.

I guess I'll try to wear sunscreen for now even if I stay indoor because I just had punch float done recently and I need to be extra more careful w/ my face. But I do appreciate for all the constructive comment. Thank!