Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
seattlegal90

What kind of scars do i have and would subcision help?

I see some icepicks tca cross is the treatment for this. Some light surface boxcars that can be treated with Infini RF and some TCA spot peels on your cheeks. Subcision works on pitting. Your skin is in very good shape, you could get some improvement just with spot tca medium strength peels on your cheeks. You can learn more how to do them under the (FAQ) top of the acne scar sub - first post, goto peels, and the link for peels for a how to or a med spa / Derm. Your scars remind me of 91baby, read her post.

On 10/21/2017 at 5:30 AM, beautifulambition said:

I see some icepicks tca cross is the treatment for this. Some light surface boxcars that can be treated with Infini RF and some TCA spot peels on your cheeks. Subcision works on pitting. Your skin is in very good shape, you could get some improvement just with spot tca medium strength peels on your cheeks. You can learn more how to do them under the (FAQ) top of the acne scar sub - first post, goto peels, and the link for peels for a how to or a med spa / Derm. Your scars remind me of 91baby, read her post.

Edited by seattlegal90

Hello there! I have scarring just like you on my right cheek (rolling over the entire area, some boxcars, and many icepicks) I also don't really mind the icepicks, because they are kind of like "normal" scarring that everyone has! But, the rolling ones are killing me :( Beautifulambition suggested i get a few rounds of subcision, possibly with filler! Then follow up with tca peels, starting at 12.5% and working up to 30%. I can't start for a long time because I am still on accutane!

@seattlegal90 I would suggest Infini RF microneedle for your boxcars and nokor subcision. When you stretch them and they disapear this means filler augmentation would work. You know your skin better than me, sounds like it's sensitive. If you get hyperpigmentation most likely you heal slowly and need retin a / tretinorin and some hydroquinone before you do your peels for a few weeks. You'd probably need vascular laser for the reds after. Breaking out from TCA, that's weird don't know if it's the peel or bacteria/hormones, could be different now. Goto someone possibly like a med spa or derm and have them patch test a small area first. You work your way up to 30% but doctors can go stronger, let them know your sensitive and tend to hyperpigment. We have a guide on TCA peels in the faq, first post on the scar sub and then goto peels and the link for peels for a DIY approach. Yes comment on 91Baby's post, she might give you some insight or support. 

Honestly I feel like a lot of my childhood scars are more obvious now, but maybe that is due to the thinning skin that results from accutane. Also, I have a few scars that are very obviously fingernail marks from where I tried to pop old acne (like, before I got on accutane. Haven't popped any pimples during my course.) These weren't there before, so I'm hoping once my skin perks back up after accutane those ones will look better at least. Definitely didn't have rolling scars before my course either, but I think these two have tethered within the past few months or so! I definitely also have red marks that last FOREVER now, and all of my indented scarring is pink/blood-red when slightly touched.  I really wouldn't mind having acne scars, it is just that the rolling scars are soooo bad in my opinion/ makes me look old/ make me look like a chunk is missing from my skin??? It just isn't the type of normal scar you see hehe. I'm happy at least that subcision is able to provide a lot of help in that regard! I think you will be happy after subcision and it will get you pumped to see how much your skin can improve!! :) Our goals and revision plans seem pretty similar, starting with subcision and then peels/ needling for clean-up! I'm hoping to pay under 600 for each round of subcision. I've heard some places charging as little as 200 without fillers! I wish!

Edited by Petsme

@seattlegal90I live in Wisconsin and I am actually having a lot of trouble finding someone here who actually DOES subcision! I don't want to travel across the country for someone reputable, but I might. I'm lucky that I only had a collection of cysts on one cheek that kinda formed one huge one, so all my scarring is very localized!! Even my ice picks are really shallow. It's not at all noticeable unless shadowed, but it still bothers me enough to want to fix the rolling scars. They're super shallow so I probably won't need filler, but subcision is a must, plus some resurfacing :( I'm nervous but I can't even start for so long hehe. I have to wait it out and hope time makes it look a teeny bit better! I'm definitely going to post my whole scar treatment journey starting from before accutane to the months of healing after it, to beginning my scar revisions! I hope that I can inspire people to not lose hope! TBH it looks bad in natural lighting too :( In my opinion, your scarring looks better than mine!!

IMG_1820.JPG

IMG_1823.JPG

Edited by Petsme

Man I really hate waiting to fix my scars :( I can't even start doing anything for at least 7 months and it's like KILLING me. All of my indented scars are pinkish purple too :( I don't know if that ever fades or not 

@seattlegal90 I really hope mine will go away soon!!! Honestly more are forming on my good side now too!!! And some lumps! Today has been a bad day :( I'm noticing a bunch of new shallow pink spots that I knowww weren't there before, and one indented scar got bright red suddenly. Not sure what these lumps are! They're just white hard lumps. I have a clarisonic Mia 2 but haven't used it since starting my course! My skin is really sensitive and itchy so I don't think I can use it right now :( I just hope things don't get even worseeeee. Only 1.5 moths left on accutane but I'm suddenly breaking out again. All I know is that when I can work on my scars in ~8 months, I I'll really devote my energy into providing the best care I can for them and follow a strict routine to get my skin to an acceptable place!  Edited by Petsme