Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ericie

Just a little question regarding the BP GEL

Question: If my skin burns after i apply the BP what does that mean? DOes that mean i have to go on a lower concetration?(cuz in my country i cant get a 2,5% so i use 5%) And what about after moisturizing, if it burns?

Thanks!! i hope you guys can help me out, i appreciate it!!

What country are you in? You may be able to order bp gel from www.acnesupplies.com

I feel a slight burning sensation but I use 2.5%

Try to get a 2.5% somehow.

What country are you in? You may be able to order bp gel from www.acnesupplies.com

I feel a slight burning sensation but I use 2.5%

Try to get a 2.5% somehow.

yeah the burning was intense when I first started.

Your are typically advised to reduce the amount you use, as in don't start right off with a full finger, use maybe a third and then ramp it up slowly over a course of about two weeks at which point you'll be using the full amount.

I didn't do this, though biggrin.gif I wanted full results right away, so what I did was "tough it out" and within about one or two weeks, my face was used to the medication and all burning of all kinds ceased.

So yeah, so long as you're willing to hang in there, the burning should stop one way or another. 5% is more potent than 2.5%, but from what I've heard its still a concentration the skin can eventually tolerate without burning and such.

yeah the burning was intense when I first started.

Your are typically advised to reduce the amount you use, as in don't start right off with a full finger, use maybe a third and then ramp it up slowly over a course of about two weeks at which point you'll be using the full amount.

I didn't do this, though biggrin.gif  I wanted full results right away, so what I did was "tough it out" and within about one or two weeks, my face was used to the medication and all burning of all kinds ceased.

So yeah, so long as you're willing to hang in there, the burning should stop one way or another.  5% is more potent than 2.5%, but from what I've heard its still a concentration the skin can eventually tolerate without burning and such.