Notifications
Clear all

Natural oils for acne

MemberMember
(@chodelki)

Posted : 10/20/2017 7:49 am

Hello,

has anyone tried natural oils - argan, coconut, tea tree etc.for acne?
DId it work?

I tried everything with no success:(

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 10/20/2017 1:20 pm

5 hours ago, Chodelki said:

Hello,

DId it work?

Tea tree oil and jojoba oil work but I really do not think oils can cure acne or do so much. For me they're just extra. You need to have a MAIN acne treatment.

5 hours ago, Chodelki said:

Hello,

DId it work?

Coconut oil clogs pores so i suggest staying away from it if you're acne prone. Look into rosehip oil too.

MemberMember
(@chodelki)

Posted : 10/31/2017 2:32 pm

Thanks for your opinions!

I did some research and based on this article i decided to give coconut oil a shot. It worked a bit (made my acne lil bit less red), but i also tried rosehip oil and it seems that it works better (still in progress). My acne is less sensitive and less visible in general. But i guess i will have to use something proper.

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@iliketurtlesskrr)

Posted : 11/02/2017 7:02 pm

Hiya, I've tried tea tree oil and it's never really worked for me sadly. It doenst even seen to reduce redness. Sudocrem reduces redness for me. I apply it as a blog directly to the red area. I don' rub it in or anything like that because I only want it in the affected area and don' want it to clog other pores. Hope this helps.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 11/04/2017 12:12 am

Tea tree+ Jojoba (FYI never use TT alone)
Literally, antimicrobial and moisturizing, respectively. But tea tree is really not enough to overwhelm acne. I suggest you mix goldenseal liquid to the mix.

With regards to coconut oil. It is comedogenic when used alone. However, I've come to really enjoy using it when mixed with other foodies and the like...and, guess what, it doesn't cause any breakout.