Notifications
Clear all

Please help me !

MemberMember
(@riven)

Posted : 10/20/2017 5:36 am

Hey everyone !
I wouldn't post anything here cause i know some people have it a lot worse than i do but lately i've became so self conscious and getting really bothered and getting a lot of mood swings regarding my acne (male 19yo) , so acne started at maybe 14 - 15 years nothing big except some few pimples here and there sometimes on my forehead but then one day i went to shave my beard at a barber shop and yes had beard at 16 , he used the thread and it all went to shit litterally i had two red thick lines on my cheeks and then they became small pimples then it calmed down theni started breaking out on my face i dnt knw if its related but thats the event that i have in mind that triggered it . Last summer , i started breaking on my chin so bad all of the sudden and it got red and a lot of bumps so i used a lot of EPIDUO that my dermotologist prescribed to me but kept using even after i didnt go back to him again so he can check up on the progss (i fked up there  i knw) it stopped after a week but now i got a red chin cause i used a lot of epiduo i guess,  with the occasional whiteheads and small pimples (especiall whiteheads.  Recently i moved to california to study and started swimming with the college team been noticed that whenever i get out of the pool my chin gets the driest like litterally small pieces of dead skin everywhere that looks like whiteheads but its not  and some pimples will start showing and fade away after couple of days and right now on my right cheek i have like two red bumps close to each other so on my left cheek i dnt knw if they are cysts or not coz they are not that big. AND NOR MY DAD OR MOM HAD ACNE NOR BROTHERS , MY MOTHER'S SISTER DID AND ONE OF MY COUSINS 
basically is my acne moderate or severe and are those cysts or normal pimples or ingrown hair maybe please do give ur best guess and yeah dermotologist in CA without insurrance too dzmn expensiveIMG_3327.JPG ? (Confused sorry for the beard just trynna hide it a bit)

IMG_3328.JPG

IMG_3329.JPG

IMG_3330.JPG

IMG_3331.JPG

IMG_3332.JPG

MemberMember
(@riven)

Posted : 10/21/2017 1:32 am

Anyone ?

MemberMember
(@riven)

Posted : 10/29/2017 1:31 am

No one wans to help?

MemberMember
(@dandytsunami)

Posted : 10/29/2017 5:48 am

accutane, take it if its making you self concious

MemberMember
(@zaichik)

Posted : 10/29/2017 6:17 am

I would say moderate. They are not cysts. They are normal pimples (pustules to be precise) and maybe a couple of ingrown hairs. Probably hormone-induced - don™t worry, there are many treatments/medications to resolve this. Make sure to cleanse your face with a non-comedogenic cleanser once or twice a day (cetaphil should be fine) and get back to your doctor, or ask a pharmacist. Don™t rely on the internet (haha how ironic) or your own research, go see a professional. If the treatment they offer is too expensive, buy some tea tree oil, make sure to dilute it, and apply it onto the spots. Don™t put any oils on your face - excess oil helps acne to spread, and don™t squeeze your spots because, believe me, your acne will worsen and spread fast. If you can™t ignore a spot, put some ice on it for 5 mins to bring redness and swelling down. As precautions, make sure to stay hydrated, eat healthily, spend time outside, and less time on your phone/whatever. I know that many people say this stuff, but as soon as I changed my habits, and spent less time on my phone, everything got better for me, and I became happier with myself.

Bottom line - go and speak to a professional, tell them everything, take their advice, and if you can, what they prescribe you (and follow the prescription) :)

Riven liked
MemberMember
(@riven)

Posted : 11/01/2017 4:28 pm

On 10/29/2017 at 3:48 AM, DandyTsunami said:

accutane, take it if its making you self concious 

Damn , skip everything and go to accutane ?

On 10/29/2017 at 4:17 AM, zaichik said:

I would say moderate. They are not cysts. They are normal pimples (pustules to be precise) and maybe a couple of ingrown hairs. Probably hormone-induced - don™t worry, there are many treatments/medications to resolve this. Make sure to cleanse your face with a non-comedogenic cleanser once or twice a day (cetaphil should be fine) and get back to your doctor, or ask a pharmacist. Don™t rely on the internet (haha how ironic) or your own research, go see a professional. If the treatment they offer is too expensive, buy some tea tree oil, make sure to dilute it, and apply it onto the spots. Don™t put any oils on your face - excess oil helps acne to spread, and don™t squeeze your spots because, believe me, your acne will worsen and spread fast. If you can™t ignore a spot, put some ice on it for 5 mins to bring redness and swelling down. As precautions, make sure to stay hydrated, eat healthily, spend time outside, and less time on your phone/whatever. I know that many people say this stuff, but as soon as I changed my habits, and spent less time on my phone, everything got better for me, and I became happier with myself.

Bottom line - go and speak to a professional, tell them everything, take their advice, and if you can, what they prescribe you (and follow the prescription) :)

Thanks for the help , however it seems to be worse on my right cheek is that normal?

zaichik liked
MemberMember
(@zaichik)

Posted : 11/01/2017 4:33 pm

4 minutes ago, Fuckthezit said:
it seems to be worse on my right cheek is that normal?

My acne is worse on my right cheek too, so I guess it must be. Idk why though :)

MemberMember
(@riven)

Posted : 11/01/2017 5:44 pm

1 hour ago, zaichik said:
My acne is worse on my right cheek too, so I guess it must be. Idk why though :)

I read about that face mapping stuff , it didnt really get to my head especially the lung thing since i feel completely fine other than this fucking acne

zaichik liked
MemberMember
(@zaichik)

Posted : 11/02/2017 6:51 am

13 hours ago, Fuckthezit said:
14 hours ago, zaichik said:

I read about that face mapping stuff , it didnt really get to my head especially the lung thing since i feel completely fine other than this fucking acne

Haha ikr! My lungs seem to function as normal, and I don™t. The face mapping does confuse tho because I don™t know whether the photos are meant to be mirror images or literal (as in right and left). I just thank myself, that it™s not right in the centre of my face, because I™d feel way worse.

MemberMember
(@skyesthelimit)

Posted : 11/16/2017 4:06 am

Not as worse as most of us have here. I would say. Try natural remedies first. If they don't work, try the other ones. One solution doesn't fit all so you need to look for that one which will suit your skin well. Hope you'll find yours soon!

MemberMember
(@riven)

Posted : 11/27/2017 5:17 pm

Its the beard , its hiding some bumps and redness , all i need to know is it cystic ?

MemberMember
(@moon33)

Posted : 11/28/2017 2:44 am

On 11/1/2017 at 5:33 PM, zaichik said:

Try sleeping on your left cheek for a while, at least a week. And change your pillowcase 2 times a week. I wouldn't believe it but honestly it made a difference for me. 

zaichik liked
MemberMember
(@riven)

Posted : 12/01/2017 11:50 pm

On 11/27/2017 at 11:44 PM, moon33 said:
On 11/1/2017 at 2:33 PM, zaichik said:

Try sleeping on your left cheek for a while, at least a week. And change your pillowcase 2 times a week. I wouldn't believe it but honestly it made a difference for me. 

Thing is been changing pillow cases every fucking day and no change