Notifications
Clear all

What do you prefer DermaStamp, Dermaroller, Dermapen, Derminator, Microneedling ?

MemberMember
(@frenchscar)

Posted : 10/19/2017 11:00 am

I used dermastamp for 2 month and i have maybe 10-15% improvement and i don't know if i have to add Dermaroller
it seems that dermaroller is more effective for large area

is anybody here use the 2 product,what do you prefer ?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 10/20/2017 9:21 am

We don't use the roller anymore on the face, it causes microtearing - great for the body though. In fact I suggest a device like the derminator as it's more effective and cheaper after you factor in bent needles, replacing them, and different length. Yes that is typical of microneedling unless you do peels and subcision. Microneedling is not the top choice of scar revision, it just helps with the process of healing / regeneration / upkeep.

MemberMember
(@frenchscar)

Posted : 10/21/2017 8:05 am

And what do you think about dermapen ?
it's less expensive than derminator

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 10/21/2017 11:07 am

@Frenchscar...

@Tano1 Hi there I know you study and research a lot from your posts. Why don't you start a post on the acne scar sub on microneedling info, it would be great to hear all your research and opinions, I think it will help alot of people. We always can use the content. I agree many use the microneedles / stamps wrong as you said.

I understand the complete opposite based on mechanics and research, watch this. Lots of misinfo out there.

Take a look at this too (I know there are some crappy made stamps/ microneedles out there, I had pins come out of one and another had bent needles which are hard to see):

http://owndoc.com/dermarolling/dermaroller-review/

Quite a long post. Many discuss why the pen is not good and made poorly. You get what you pay for in life.
https://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/359068-the-derminator-thread/

We'll pay you ten thousand American dollars if you find us a good quality Chinese dermaneedling machine. We're the largest Dermaneedling company in the world and in over ten years in this business, with access to everything made on the market, we saw ourselves forced to develop our own machine because we can't take the risk of getting sued by our customers. Contact us via our support ticketing system when you can send us such a device that does not tear up paper as we showed in this video. Dermaneedling works by repeatedly, over the course of months or years with multi-week intervals injuring the skin by creating vertical channels into it of therapeutic depth, triggering collagen and elastic regeneration in a smoother matrix than the scar tissue it partially replaces. Tearing the skin (and the edge of pores...) apart horizontally, which we call microtearing, is a bad thing. Our machine is the only machine that does not cause microtearing. We tried many machines, we have much worse machines in our posession than the one we showed here. A Korean machine, the mCure, was actually the worst, downright criminal to sell. I'm not kidding about that $10,000. Ten thousand dollars to learn of a resellable Chinese machine would be extremely valuable to us, then we can double our assortment! AFAIK they do not exist. And ALL machines (except the mCure and our own machine, the Derminator...) are made in China, whatever the seller claims. Our machine is the only machine made in Europe (by ourselves, even I am part of the production, I do the calibration) and the only machine made by a Western (= sueable when it destroys your skin!) company.
+mattinuk The high speed is used primarily to be able to show very clearly the tearing effect. The tearing we showed is at least a full mm. It should be zero mm. How much tearing is acceptable? 0.25 mm? That means that even a speed that is four times less would cause unacceptable tearing. The limit of acceptable tearing depends on the susceptibility of the skin, which mainly depends on the age of the skin. Secondly, when needling devices are used without power cord (battery operation) they tear *much* worse (two to three times worse, depending on charge status). So worst-case (older patient, battery operation), even using a twelve times slower speed would result in unacceptable tearing. On top of that, we used our own cartirdge on the competing device. Their original cartridge tears so badly that it even causes tearing on our machine! The video is just to show that the phenomenon of microtearing exists (several competitors claimed we made the entire phenomenon up) and that our machine does not suffer from it. Which speeds are risky depend on many factors, such as how bad the machine is (there are MUCH worse machines than the YYR Dermapen, such as the Korean mCure!), the skin's age and how powerful the machine is when used with a battery (which discharges during use, tearing will be worse near the end of a 15-minute treatment, especially with an older battery). In addition, some skin practitioners really do move electric needling devices too fast, just to save time. I've seen speeds that made me cringe.
+TheMsDudettes There must be a misunderstanding. Never did we say that the dermaneedling instruments we sell should not be trusted, neither did we ever say that cheap manual dermaneedling instruments in general should not be trusted. On the contrary, when you audit the available instruments there are certain manufacturers that produce high quality instruments. We work with such manufacturers, and it took us years to find the very best (there are only two manufacturers in the world that produce good needle quality consistently, and our rollers are copied by Chinese manufacturers). As with all products, there also exist manufacturers that use needles with the occasional bent tip or who sell rollers with stamped "knives" instead of real needles (the ones with 540 "needles") The reasons for buying a Derminator have nothing to do with the quality of dermarollers and dermastamps. The reasons for buying a Derminator machine are as described on our sales page and in our store: Consistency of needling depth, guarantee of correct desired needling depth, order of magnitude less pain compared to manual needling, machine knows how long to needle a certain selected area size, no microtearing (all electric machines except ours cause microtearing), ease and speed of use (esp. for smaller areas such as the face), option of having a single needle, etc. etc., really too many advantages to list all here..
Tano1 liked
MemberMember
(@frenchscar)

Posted : 10/21/2017 11:53 am

Ok thank you BA :)

MemberMember
(@tano1)

Posted : 10/21/2017 12:26 pm

@beautifulambition

I did see Sarah Vaughter posting on another forum from essential day spa that has dates from 2013. She didn't sound very motivated by the advancement, but rather the money. It's nice to see that a better product came of it at least.

That's some good information and I myself wondered if the tears are caused because of the time the needles spend inside the skin on the downward state. Add motion to that and I can understand the microtearing effect.

I think the thread starter should be you haha. I can't start a thread until I've tried the product first, which I will because I'm going to order it.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 11/02/2017 11:23 pm

In order to prevent skin from tearing, just don't move the damn pen while it's stamping. It's simple as that.

MemberMember
(@ailaeshiz)

Posted : 11/03/2017 2:17 pm

Aren't you encouraged to move the pen while its stamping?

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 11/03/2017 7:05 pm

MemberMember
(@ailaeshiz)

Posted : 11/04/2017 12:09 am

I really wish Infini was more affordable. It doesn't look that complicated to use, and I hear really good things.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 11/05/2017 10:21 am

Dude the derminator does work, you have very minor issues. There is no micotearing with it, youtube it to see. For your type of scarring you could see a improvement. These generalizations above are because they had massive scarring. Do TCA peels and Derminator alternate and you can get some improvement off that. Derminating is a slower process and is gradual. One has to do it over time. You will do best with the peels, the miconeedling can be used on your individual scars.

If your set on Infini RF put a treatment on a credit card per year and do it slowly, or use care credit, health saving account Drs offices and med spas offer.

MemberMember
(@ailaeshiz)

Posted : 11/08/2017 11:07 am

Thanks BA. I'll look into it.

MemberMember
(@healing2-0)

Posted : 11/14/2017 1:38 am

I just went to town on my face with the single needle for the 1st time at 2.25mm at max speed. I normally use the 9 needles but I now prefer the single needle as long as I have the time. I'll try to post some pics to see if tearing can be seen. They will be taken with a 50MP camera so it will be the next best thing to a microscope. I did this less than 24 hours ago so hopefully its not too early or too late for pics.

MemberMember
(@ailaeshiz)

Posted : 11/14/2017 1:47 am

Pics would be great

MemberMember
(@healing2-0)

Posted : 11/14/2017 2:43 am

single needle derminator 2.25mm max speed 20 hours later. Thats all the blood I could get off without wiping it hard. 

0S9A8349LL.jpg

0S9A8350UR.jpg

0S9A8352LS.jpg

0S9A8353LL.jpg

0S9A8354LL2.jpg

0S9A8356RS.jpg

0S9A8357UL.jpg

MemberMember
(@arte90)

Posted : 11/14/2017 4:15 am

Healing2.0, I just wanted to say your skin looksamazing.You have come a long, long way. Yes, I know it's slightly swollen, but nevertheless, you've made amazing progress. Very inspirational.

Thank you for sharing.

MemberMember
(@healing2-0)

Posted : 11/14/2017 4:39 am

Thank you. These are before I had anything professional done in 2013. I think Id have a lot more improvement if I drank more water which is what Im trying to do right this moment. Im not gonna show any real after pics until march 2018 bc that will be 1 year after my 1st 35% tca peel and using the derminator pretty often. If only I could make my face swollen all the time without the bruising or blood lol.

23516332_1933192800275168_1623136920_o.png

23547049_1933192750275173_1742648293_o.png

MemberMember
(@arte90)

Posted : 11/14/2017 8:29 am

Tremendous improvement. I can barely recognize you!

MemberMember
(@ailaeshiz)

Posted : 11/14/2017 10:54 am

Wow, you look like a whole different person. What was your regimen?

MemberMember
(@healing2-0)

Posted : 11/14/2017 7:26 pm

I had 2 subcisions and 1 fraxel ablative resurfacing from 2013-2014. I had 5 or 6 syringes of bellafill in 2015. I have done 2 35% peels this year and maybe 7 20-25% peels since 2013. I have used the derminator on my face maybe 6 times since march.

MemberMember
(@ailaeshiz)

Posted : 11/14/2017 7:43 pm

Did you notice improvement from each procedure, or did one thing help more than the others?

MemberMember
(@healing2-0)

Posted : 11/15/2017 3:18 am

its hard to tell bc it takes so long to heal. like the person who started this thread and claimed they only got 10-15% improvement over 2 months didnt give their body enough time to heal and create more collagen and should not have been able to even use the derminator more than 3 times bc they should have been waiting at least 4 weeks between using it. 10-15% improvement after 2 months actually sounds amazing. People are just very lazy, have no patience or are not realistic about what they are doing. If you are going to improve your scars it has to become a lifestyle. If its not then its like going to the gym a week or month then stopping bc you dont look like arnold.

I dont know what kind of scarring you have so what works for me may be useless to you. I absolutely had to have bellafil bc I had so much tissue loss and my face was never going to be full or fat bc Im not going to let myself get fat for that to happen. Id only do bellafil as your final procedure. I want to get subcision again and see if theres anyway I can get filler right afterwards to keep the scars from just tethering right back down.

I really never noticed that much improvement bc its so hard to see my scars in a mirror. even in my before pic I could barely see them at all.

I would use the derminator and TCA for a year before getting anything professional done. Theres no 1 procedure they are going to do for you thats going to change the way you look unless you have tethered scars and the subcision responds very well. 1 syringe of bellafil will not be enough for anyone who has real scarring. if you are rich you can just get temporary filler done every 6 months and look like a movie star. I spent like 2500 on filler before my sister's wedding 2 years ago plus 3,000 on bellafil and couldnt notice a single scar in any pics. The pic below was before her wedding in september 2015.

MemberMember
(@tania-crowe)

Posted : 11/15/2017 8:22 am

Thank you so much for being so brave and sharing your success story with us

MemberMember
(@ailaeshiz)

Posted : 11/15/2017 5:07 pm

Wow, you're honestly an inspiration. Can't wait to hear more about your progress.

MemberMember
(@karma_ishere)

Posted : 01/03/2018 7:32 pm

Stay smart and do your research!