Notifications
Clear all

Acne scars/adult acne/hate leaving the house

MemberMember
(@lilmoon)

Posted : 10/18/2017 11:29 pm

When I was 12 years old I first started getting acne and during high school it actually wasn't as bad as it is now. Back then it definitely was more than the normal girl my age but it was nothing in comparison to how my skin is now. I will confess that yes I did pop and pick at them then and now I am left with a face that no amount of makeup will cover. I bartended for years, most of the time working 10+ hour shifts wreaking havoc on my body. Most people don't understand that when you work in  busy bar you sometimes don't get a chance to drink water much less eat for hours on end.  And during the early stages of my 20s I partied pretty hard too. Now I'm at a place in life where I haven't felt the need to party in such way in years, I rarely drink(sometimes not even once a month) I've been vegetarian for 13 years and eat healthier than the majority. Even my old roommates would comment on how well I take care of myself, not not my face but obviously my general health too. I've tried everything under the sun. I've had laser treatments and seen very little results, I use all natural products from lush now and clean my brushes religiously. Every day it's a different face mask or microdermabrasion,  make sure to dab my moisturizer in and not rub it, I use oil based products to hyrdrate my skin because it's starting to look hollow and saggy and sad from all I've done to it. I'm lucky enough to have a man who loves me and is supporting me to pursue things I am passionate about. I am now wedding photographer and only work weekends so I have all the time in the world to focus on myself and be better and yet ever since this free time was allotted to me I've been experiencing more and more breakdowns about my face. It has always been hard to leave the house, but when bartending it was easier because of the dim lights in the bar and the amount of makeup I caked on. Now it's like I can't look at myself in  mirror without uncontrollably sobbing. I feel like I'll never  be good enough for my spouse even though he assures me otherwise. Today in a  practice shoot with other photographers I got a close up glimpse in high-quality as to how bad my skin is and I honestly feel like cutting all of it off. I am at a complete loss using all natural products and drinking over a gallon of water a day  exercising and doing everything I can. I need to talk to anyone who understands I know that so many people have it worse and are starving to death but my face is making me more and more [redacted] every day. The photos don't even do it justice. It is so uneven and hard to cover at all.

IMG_3277.JPG

IMG_3278.JPG

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/19/2017 8:18 am

Wh are you not taking anti biotics?

get to your dr and get anti biotics,dont suggest penecillin,not at first,suggest tetracycline,you got more stuff than i had so might suggest 2 capsules daily,see how that works.

again your a lady! I am a guy so i dont slap on stuff but i aint used any spot tooicals in nigh on 2 weeks (i think) i just moisturise with cream thats suitable for my skin.

why i suggest to not put anything on your face and just wash with warm clean water and pat dry with clean towel.

i went on what i thought was healthy diet fir 5-6 months and all it did was make me lose 3st of weight and i found i was more sensitive to food and broke out worse.

i ditched the so called healthy eating and stuff my face with my old eating habits,crisps,biscuits,cakes,donner meat and chips,my face should be screaming but it isnt.its clearest its ever been in long time.

tetracyline seems to be doing the biz for me.
:)

MemberMember
(@lilmoon)

Posted : 10/19/2017 3:05 pm

@Quadboy
Thank you so much for the advice! I think our genders do play a big role though. As far as I know, most antibiotics have steroids and aren't the best for women. TBH im hairy enough lol I'd rather not. I'm also not the fondest of medication in general.

As far as eating meat or unhealthily, the last time i accidenally ingested meat while on vacation I was horrendously sick for two days straight. My body doesn't digest it anymore, nor would I want it to. Someone did just send me an article about pastueurized dairy and problems with digestion being a cause and I think I'm going to try that route.

thank you gain and I'm glad that what you've done has worked for you!

MemberMember
(@faroutbrusslesprout)

Posted : 10/19/2017 8:50 pm

I can relate to you in so many ways!! Its amazing how something like acne can affect someones life in so many ways. I go to great extents to avoid harsh lighting and catching a glimpse of myself in the mirror, otherwise it would just make me feel even worse. Its so frustrating that no matter what you do, how you eat, no matter how well you look after yourself, there isnt always the improvement you want to see. When you mentioned how you feel you could never be good enough for your spouse, I know how you feel! I have such little confidence and always catch myself thinking, how can someone even love me looking like this? But my boyfriend always reminds me that he loves me for me, even if I have acne. I hope things start working out for you, good Luck!

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 10/19/2017 10:28 pm

Find a doctor that will give you accutane. Everything else is a band aid.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/20/2017 8:53 am

the right anti biotics will clear that right up,just go see your dr.
:)

MemberMember
(@chodelki)

Posted : 10/20/2017 12:12 pm

You should definitely start to take some mediation. I tried that too, it worked for some time. [Edited link out]

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 10/21/2017 9:12 am

your skin looks like mine before i learnt about sls & the caveman regimen.

i sometimes get breakouts but mine is 95% better since ive learnt how to treat my skin. (washing face with water only, occasionally some weak BP cream)

MemberMember
(@philippians)

Posted : 10/21/2017 9:57 pm

Have your doctor check your thyroid levels. What youre dealing with is hormonal acne. Thyroid and ovaries. Ive dealt with the same thing. To dry out the pimples use garlic juice and baking soda as a paste apply it to your face and keep it on over night. Wash it off in the morning. I know your feeling and Im believing things will get better for you.

MemberMember
(@eric99)

Posted : 10/23/2017 3:09 am

Onion ( Allium cepa ) is a natural anti bacteria substances , you just slice it and put it on you face . but also careful when doing , if you feel hot , you can remove it .