Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
unluckyguy

My first accutane pill tonight at 10 pm

My blood work came. My nurse called and said that triglycerides are normal but cholestrol is high. She said she would still give me 40 mg (twice a day) but I should cut down on fat. She has asked me to come and pick up the prescription.

I am a little bit dissapointed cas looks like accutane start is jinxed by this cholestrol issue. I hope they do not take it off in the middle or something like that.

Did anyone have cholestral issues to deal with while on accutane.

I am taking my first pill after dinner tonight. Other than pray to God before taking the pill is there some other special things to do before taking that first pill.

Good Luck on your Accutane journey!

I hope you won't encounter any harsh side effect while on accutane!

I'm not really sure about the cholesterol issue; I'm sorry.

Just relax and let the magic begin!

My blood work came. My nurse called and said that triglycerides are normal but cholestrol is high. She said she would still give me 40 mg (twice a day) but I should cut down on fat. She has asked me to come and pick up the prescription.

I am a little bit dissapointed cas looks like accutane start is jinxed by this cholestrol issue. I hope they do not take it off in the middle or something like that.

Did anyone have cholestral issues to deal with while on accutane.

I am taking my first pill after dinner tonight. Other than pray to God before taking the pill is there some other special things to do before taking that first pill.

My cholesterol is borderline high. My triglycerides are great and that is what they take you off accutane for. Try not to eat foods high in fat and cholesterol.(I am surprised your MD didn't tell you this-mine did.) Don'r worry about taking your first pill. Nothing will happen.

Thanks for all the supportive replies folks. I really appreciate it.

I will start the usual journal stuff tomorrow and keep updating it.

I think in future derms should make it mandatory for ppl to start a journal as a part of the consent form smile.gifsmile.gif, that will be so cool...

Ok, I tool the pill last night. So I have officially entered the accutane hall of fame.

There was one last hickup though last night, when I looked carefully at the paper slips with the package I picked up from Walgreens, halfway to my home in my car, I saw it was not accutane at all. It was some other medicine starting from C. Do not remember the name , but ingredients was isotretinonin, so I guess it was a generic replacement .

I freaked out, turned back to Walgreens. I argued with the pharmacist that I spoke to my doc about accutane, did reading about accutane and did a lot of research about accutane, and I want accutane not a replacement especially since my insurance pays for it. After some arguing he agreed and packed me up the original accutane instead of replacement.

It probably would have had the same effect as tane, but I was paranoid from 3 years of acne and knowing that tane was a gamble that I was taking ,I was not prepared to put another gamble on top of it with a generic substitute.

Driving back home successfully with the real deal ( accutane from Roche) I chuckled thinking how freaked out the old ladies waiting in line behind me for vitamins or hormones or god knows what would have been seeing a acne faced guy argue about accutane in front of them and waste thier time. I am sure they would have lost some sleep in the night thinking about that smile.gifsmile.gif