Notifications
Clear all

Feeling Discouraged

MemberMember
(@faroutbrusslesprout)

Posted : 10/18/2017 6:52 am

Im fed up with having acne!! Right now my face is covered and I mean COVERED in everything acne related. Ranging from blackheads, to whiteheads to full blown cysts. Theres not one area of my face that doesnt accompany a blemish of some sort. I honestly just dont know what to do! Im writting this to hopefully relieve some of my frustration. If you dont have acne, you just wouldnt be able to relate or understand how one can feel so hopeless and so uncomfortable. Its absolutely embarrasing!
I wouldnt consider myself a vain person, I just simply have no patience or tolerance for the state of my skin right now. It affects almost every aspect of my life, my confidence is non existent, I have no social life and am always anxious being in public places.

If youre reading this and going through the same thing emotionally and physically, I would love to hear your thoughts on the matter. We can all deal with this together because right now Im feeling quite alone.

MemberMember
(@mylifeispain)

Posted : 10/19/2017 3:46 am

You are not alone. I can definitely relate. I have been dealing with this madness for more than 5 years now. It has defined my life ever since. I also have 0 friends and my social life is non existent. In couple of months I will finish college and I can't imagine dealing with this at work. I mean no one, who goes to work has acne, it's going to be so embarrassing. My life is super boring and if I want to do something different and go for example on a trip, I have basically 2 options. Go alone, and not talk about it with anyone, or not go at all. I have never attended any party, or even kissed a girl. When I see my peers enjoying their life I feel really depressed. Like they've got something for free, which they take for granted and can do whatever they want. On the other hand I struggle even with the most basic things with social anxiety, which I developed from acne.

MemberMember
(@faroutbrusslesprout)

Posted : 10/19/2017 8:28 pm

Exactly! Its so frustrating how something can affect your life in so many ways. Unfortunately we are our own worst critics and people probably dont even notice your acne at first glance anyway. I would say try not to worry about it but I know thats easier said than done. I should probably start listening to my own advice for once. I know that life is far too short to worry about things like acne (especially since theres so many terrible things happening in the world these days) but acne is something you cant always escape from. Its easy to fall into the trap of anxiety and crappy confidence.........were only human! I hope that things improve for you, good luck!

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 10/19/2017 10:30 pm

Find a derm that will give you accutane. Also look into home made kefir and beet juice powder. Everything else is like a band aid other than accutane.

MemberMember
(@skyesthelimit)

Posted : 10/26/2017 6:03 pm

Well, you've come to the right place. No one will judge you here because we all experience the same thing. You'll find solutions and suggestions here and hopefully, there's one for you that will work. Best of luck and rant away! :)

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 10/28/2017 3:02 am

Have you checked out this video yet?