Notifications
Clear all

moisturizer+powder+go?

MemberMember
(@amudkip)

Posted : 10/18/2017 3:49 am

can i wear translucent powder on my moisturizer (dry skin) or will it decrease the effect of moisturizer? my skin is very dry, but when i apply moisturizer i look obviously very oily, my hair sticks to it..i want my skin to be a bit matte, even though it needs to be hydrated..
ive recently started accutane, my already dry skin is flaking like crazy and i cant wear liquid foundation.

MemberMember
(@skyesthelimit)

Posted : 10/24/2017 12:12 am

Perhaps you can try to look for a different kind of moisturizer, something like water-based?

MemberMember
(@lanaodel)

Posted : 10/27/2017 5:32 pm

You could try an oil-free clinical moisturiser, like Image Skincare's 'Prevention' or one that is part of an acne kit. These tend to soak in quicker and are more frequently usable than cheaper or greasier brands. You could also try using the moisturiser a little while before putting powder on, maybe whilst you're getting ready or eating breakfast or something? Just to let it soak in and let the powder sit on the skin rather than mix with the product. I don't personally think it would have too much of an effect on the moisturiser, might soak a bit up, but it might cause a bit of flakiness if they are mixing together. You could also try a mineral powder foundation (they are not expensive).