Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How do you balance your oily skin with moisture needs. I grew up thinking that oily skin is bad, moisturizing on oily skin is worse. I specifically used products that were supposed to dry out the skin. I do scar very easily from acne and I was wondering if it is because my skin is too dry on the outside due to the "dry up" products.

How do ppl balance the two. Is moisturized = oily or oiliness and moisture 2 different things ?

Now applying moisturizer makes my skin more oily so I did not do that.

This would be different in accutane context, but I am thinking about non-accutane cases.

Is there some product out there that causes "beneficial moisturization" to the skin without contributing to oiliness. Does glycolic acid fit the requirement cas I keep reading that it moisturizes and also reduces oiliness. Based on my current mindset I do not know how it is possible.

I think I have got my basic concepts wrong in this department ( oily vs moisturized) , if someone has information about this problem it will help me a lot...

Thanks