Notifications
Clear all

Acne scars making me so miserable

MemberMember
(@pinkdaisyx3)

Posted : 10/17/2017 3:09 pm

From the time I was about 11 all the way through high school I had terrible acne. Come to find out it was because our well water had a bacterial problem and when I moved to college my acne magically disappeared for the most part except occasional break outs. Now I'm 23 and I've been left with these horrible acne scars (see pics). I'm so embarrassed by it and I hate leaving the house without makeup. It makes me soooo self conscious. They're concentrated on my cheeks and forehead. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to improve or get rid of these? Ive started on a better skin care regimen and the scars don't look quite as bad when my skin is well hydrated but they're still pretty noticeable.

IMG_2350.JPG

IMG_2351.JPG

IMG_2352.JPG

MemberMember
(@frenchscar)

Posted : 10/17/2017 3:31 pm

I have worse than this and you are not alone

your case is not severe

if i were you,i will use needling device like dermastamp 1mmwould be enought

MemberMember
(@candy-says)

Posted : 10/17/2017 3:57 pm

`

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 10/17/2017 10:14 pm

6 hours ago, Frenchscar said:

your case is not severe

Can this be done at home? like just buying a derma stamp then doing it. I have the same issue, also as mild as hers.

MemberMember
(@frenchscar)

Posted : 10/18/2017 2:59 am

4 hours ago, oyinkan98 said:
11 hours ago, Frenchscar said:

your case is not severe

Can this be done at home? like just buying a derma stamp then doing it. I have the same issue, also as mild as hers.

Yes of course,it' s a safe method
you can read the tuto from owndoc

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 10/18/2017 6:18 am

There is some bad advice in this topic.

She could cross but that would be massive down time with all the tiny spots.

Microneedling and dermastamping will do nothing for something with this much coverage over the face, in fact it could make things worse.

Pore size is best reduced by proper cleansing with a salicylic acid cleanser and a Clarisonic skin brush.

Clear and Brilliant works for scarred macules, large pores, and icepicks like this. AlsoLaser Genesis. Infini RF can shrink them. Peels only work if they are sedated and get under the pore, with the acid so it must be deeper. Same thing with traditional resurfacing like CO2 ... they must get under the pore area.

Intense Pulsed Light from Lumenis has been demonstrated in multiple clinical studies to further reduce pore size. This effect is secondary to destroying or minimizing the size of a hair. Remember that a pore always contains a hair so the smaller the hair and the less stuff that is in the pore, the smaller it appears.

MemberMember
(@skyesthelimit)

Posted : 10/24/2017 5:41 pm

I think it's more of enlarged pores than acne scars. But yes, I agree that yours is not as bad as most of us here do. There is definitely hope for you. Good luck! :)

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 10/25/2017 2:41 am

Looking at the last pic, it looks more closer to an icepick than an enlarged pore. Luckily, they don't appear very deep and it should be a simple fix compared to what most of us unlucky fellers have.

MemberMember
(@rainbowray)

Posted : 10/25/2017 3:48 am

I was able to improve the scars I had (which were worse than yours) by following the steps suggested below (PS: I would be wary of TCA Cross, as there are lot sof horror stories on the internet of this making things worse).

To improve your pores and skin texture, as well as superficial signs of aging, Fraxel Repair (or a similar ablative fractional laser) could be used. If this is outside your price range, a dermal stamp or roller could be used, but it will tae longer to get results (and to be honest, to get the best improvement you need to penetrate deep into the skin which is best left to the professionals). You could also alternate this with Red LED Light therapy (either buy a hand-held device, or find abeauty therapist that offers this). LED Therapy won't improve your scars, but it will help you get better results from your needling/laser by stimulating collegen (which in turn will shrink your pores, remove fine lines and improve the texture of your skin). To fill in the ice pick scars, a small amount of HA-based filler will help (eg. Restylane, which is soft so it will belnd well into the skin and it last about 6 months, although with repeat treatment it can last much longer and actually help restore collegen). Just my two cents! And on the plus side, given that you're still young, whatever you choose to do, youre body will heal/respond much faster than an older patient :) Good luck

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 10/25/2017 7:08 am

Filler does nothing for big pores, it can make them wose, what is there to fill with pores (it makes bumps). Perhaps a skin booster would work or HA meso, but only a small percentage of improvement.

TCA cross does work, DRs do it all the time, so you must be reading some other complication. Look at all the horror stories of every treatment mentioned in the above post and then simply do nothing if you want to live in fear. People love to complain online. What works better for pores and is more gentle as I mentioned above is clear and brilliant and laser genesis for pores, fraxel is expensive and sometimes does not work, depends on which model.

LEDs do nothing for pores.

Infini RF / Vivance does work for large pores.

Profractonal laser resurfacing can work on large pores if they get under the pored skin.

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 10/25/2017 12:52 pm

5 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

Filler does nothing for big pores, it can make them wose, what is there to fill with pores (it makes bumps). Perhaps a skin booster would work or HA meso, but only a small percentage of improvement.

TCA cross does work, DRs do it all the time, so you must be reading some other complication. Look at all the horror stories of every treatment mentioned in the above post and then simply do nothing if you want to live in fear. People love to complain online. What works better for pores and is more gentle as I mentioned above is clear and brilliant and laser genesis for pores, fraxel is expensive and sometimes does not work, depends on which model.

LEDs do nothing for pores.

Infini RF / Vivance does work for large pores.

Profractonal laser resurfacing can work on large pores if they get under the pored skin.

Can I do a TCA cross if i'm black or it is not advisable?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 10/26/2017 7:06 am

I would not being doing TCA Cross with darker skin for pores as there are other treatments that protect the epidermis thus avoiding hyperpigmentation. It can be done by a doctor who treats this skin type but is complicated. I do not feel microneedle is the best choice for this because your not dealing with the initial issue gunk in the pore.

1) The cheapest and easiest thing you can do is get one of those clairsonic spin ultrasonic brushes and some cetaphil or oil/sebum reducing soap to shrink the size of the pores (cleaning out the gunk). This takes some time to show results and may not work for some

2) Light peels light Glycolic can be done on all skin types and Salicylic opens up the pores. Do not over exfoliate, as this will show more pores.

2) Clear and Brilliant was made for large pores, its made by the manufactures of Fraxel but is cheaper, another alternative is Laser Genesis and finally Fraxel Re:Store, and IPL shrinks the sebum that is in the pores

3) Infini RF / Vivance / Secret / Intracel it shrinks the pores and can be done with prp for further healing.

4) Several medium strength peels that go deep enough under the pores work but are not the best with ethnic skin, finally pro-fractional resurfacing or co2 can help with pores but this is the most costly and drastic measure.