Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ScarletEar

Trying to make my skin less oily. Stopped taking retin-a. Using sunscreen.

About three months ago I started taking retin-a. I did not see results. My skin was very similar to what it was before, except it was extremely oily. I would moisturize in the morning to combat the over-drying, but no matter what, my face was shiny and disgusting. I decided to stop about a week and a half ago. My oily face was not worth it any more. 

I basically stopped treating my acne. At night I leave my face alone. After I shower in the morning, I wait fifteen minutes for my face to dry and put on a liberal amount of sunscreen (NoAd 15 SPF). After it rubs in I dab the excess off and my face and it is nice and moisturized and my face has been less oily. However, it is still annoyingly oily and I have to dab the excess off every hour or so. My acne has stayed the same, I get a pimple or two every day and a cyst every two weeks to a month. 

Has anyone else experienced oily skin while on Retin-a and what did you do? How long after you stopped did you see the oil get back to normal? Does diet play a factor? Drinking water? Exercise? I would really like to hear advice from people in similar situations. What has helped you?

• Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes