Notifications
Clear all

Finished Accutane course, pretty worried.

MemberMember
(@exoduse)

Posted : 10/17/2017 2:46 am

Hey, I just finished an 8 month course of Accutane 40mg. I am a man, 20 years old.

I am pretty worried, because even at my last month, I would occasionally get pimples. I strongly believe that this was because I ate junk food or too much cheese. I am about 1 week off of Accutane now and I have a few small pimples that I am not worried about, but I got a medium-sized one on my cheek this morning. Is it because Accutane didn't work or is it because I drink milk a bit and eat gluten? I try to keep lactose and gluten to minimum, so it's not like I eat these types of foods a lot.

MemberMember
(@draci)

Posted : 10/18/2017 4:08 pm

On 17/10/2017 at 9:46 AM, ExodusE said:

Hey, I just finished an 8 month course of Accutane 40mg. I am a man, 20 years old. 

I am pretty worried, because even at my last month, I would occasionally get pimples. I strongly believe that this was because I ate junk food or too much cheese. I am about 1 week off of Accutane now and I have a few small pimples that I am not worried about, but I got a medium-sized one on my cheek this morning. Is it because Accutane didn't work or is it because I drink milk a bit and eat gluten? I try to keep lactose and gluten to minimum, so it's not like I eat these types of foods a lot.

hey bro,

if your acne comes back, it is a good sign. It means that your body has not been permanently changed/damaged by accutane. Google long term side effects of accutane or Isotretinoin. You don't want none of that.

From now on try out a ketogenic diet:

"Acne is absent in populations consuming Palaeolithic diets with low glycaemic load and no consumption of milk or dairy products."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22419445

Also excimer laser therapy and phototherapy looks very promicing for acne.

Sometimes you see a guy with bad acne with a hot girl. You can become that guy. You can be super confident and super masculine so that nobody will dare make comments about your skin anymore. Go to the gym, find a passion, and become good at countering stupid comments. Women will get wet when they feel your confidence and dominance ;)

MemberMember
(@gone)

Posted : 10/20/2017 11:45 am

What is your weight in kg? The NHS advice is to take isotretinoin for 6 months max, 1mg per kg. So if you weigh 60kg you take 60mg a day.