Notifications
Clear all

Apple cider vinegar HELP?

MemberMember
(@persephona)

Posted : 10/16/2017 6:53 pm

So guys I plan on starting to use Apple cider vinegar for my acne and acne scarring.. But I am little confused on what other treatments are allowed to be used and are safe (I ask in case some of them don't react good with the ACV and cause a bad reaction)
Btw I have dry skin on my cheeks where i tend to break out and oily T zone that don't break out, crazy right?

I read that it should be put on the affected areas with cotton ball and be left for a couple minutes and then rinsed with water. 
Does it irritates the skin? What should I put afterwards? 

Can I use tea tree oil or aloe vera or vitamin C serum, are they safe with it?

I can't put moisturizers cause they break me out 

MemberMember
(@faroutbrusslesprout)

Posted : 11/04/2017 5:55 am

Hey Im considering using apple cider vinegar to treat my acne and have the same questions. If you end up trying it let me know how it goes!

If most moisturisers break you out, maybe you could try using some type of hydrating mist. Rose water is quite hydrating and Avene has a thermal spring water that might help with some of the inflammation as well as bringing moisture to the skin.

MemberMember
(@valerie22)

Posted : 11/04/2017 7:27 am

I've tried it before and although it dries up the skin, it usually leaves it very red and can even lead to burning. Always dilute it with water but it is still really strong. You can also ingest it when it is mixed with water. This is also good if you re suffering from pcos as it lowers your insulin as pcos suffers are insulin resistant and usually suffer from acne. But yes it usually will irritate the skin especially if it is sensitive and it didn't seem to help me much, but everyone is different :)

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 11/04/2017 5:10 pm

You shouldn't use vinegar without first diluting it with water. It's usually 1 part vinegar to 2 parts water. Also vinegar is good as a skin toner but I doubt it's all that effective on acne.

Anyway, if you're interested, here's a novel but natural approach: Mayonnaise & Coffee Mask

MemberMember
(@em7788)

Posted : 11/25/2017 1:02 am

Bioclarity helps with whiteheads if your having trouble with that. ACV can help, but most of the time it is temporary from my experience. Try probiotics, that usually helps my skin. Also, if your trying a natural approach try taking aloe vera capsules with probiotics to improve gut health, that always helped my skin.

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 11/26/2017 10:03 am

ACV is string, dilute before using it, I used it for a short time, I felt like it controlled oil production somewhat but it did cause some breakouts due to irritation.

MemberMember
(@ryancoloma)

Posted : 12/01/2017 2:09 am

I feel a stinging sensation whenever I use ACV diluted in water as a toner.