Notifications
Clear all

Before and after pics online

MemberMember
(@marrakech)

Posted : 10/16/2017 3:35 pm

I've been a member of this forum since 2006. And I would give anything to get my 2006 skin back when I had a few pimples that I was complaining about.

Right now I don't have acne but I have lots and lots of deep scars all over my face. I think I dropped over 20k$ for treatments and maybe only 25% improvement was achieved in existing scars, but I'd noticed that new ones were created from these harsh treatments.
But that's not even what I need to vent about. If you Google acne scars before and after pics, you'll see some great results, except! Notice how the Before lighting is always angled, and after, they shine the light right into the face. Yes, of course, those before and afters will look great, but that's a scam. Only very few results had angled lighting in Before and After pics.
See for yourself. I'm always desperately looking for new ideas on how to get rid of scars, but all I'm seeing are offices, products using different lighting to enhance the look of their results.
That's all.

MemberMember
(@candy-says)

Posted : 10/16/2017 4:34 pm

`

MemberMember
(@marrakech)

Posted : 10/16/2017 11:01 pm

I just typed a long msg and it disappeared.

Okay,

1) Dermarolling
2) TCA cross
3) Peels (x10) All of them
4) Dermabrasion (x2)
5) Light pen therapy
6) Acupuncture
7) Fraxel (x5)
8) Co2 Laser (x2)
9) Pixel laser (x2)
10) Subcision + PRP
11) Saline injections
12) Suction cups
13) Scar gels
14) Serums (all of them)
15) Micro radio Frequency
16) Tria laser
17) Electric current pen
18) DMSO
19) Bellafill fillers
I think there is more, can't remember now...
T_T
Doing Rodan and Fields Redefine MD Roller Plus Serum
I take supplements that promote collagen, I just don't consume collagen or animal products. But trust me, you can build collagen on vegetarian diet. Actually, it's easier on your body to break down veggies and remake them as collagen vs. breaking down a piece of steak. I also tried serrapeptase and nattokinase supplements..

MemberMember
(@rdnhey)

Posted : 10/17/2017 3:49 am

Speaking objectively,subcision plus filler every 6/8 months is the only way to get rid of SCARS temporary right now, considering the FACTS in the LONG run rather than your personal feelings. I ve tried a LOT of treatments for a LOT of times too.

MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 10/17/2017 5:27 am

@Rdnhey When you say temporarily what do you mean exactly? I know touchups on fillers keep everything looking good, but have you seen permanent results from subcision after the filler has gone away?

Just curious because I plan on getting subcision in the next 3-6 months.

MemberMember
(@raster)

Posted : 10/17/2017 6:00 am

If there's anything that people need to understand about acne scars, more than anything, is that there is no single best way to get rid of acne scars because not only do acne scars come in different forms, shapes, sizes, depths -- there's boxcars, ice picks, rolling scars, shallow scars, deep scars, atrophic scars-- and all of these need different kinds of treatments, but people also have different skin types.

The best doctors will usually have enough experience to know what kind of treatment your scars will need, whether its subcision, TCA cross, lasers, microneedling, fillers, etc. etc.

MemberMember
(@rdnhey)

Posted : 10/17/2017 9:11 am

3 hours ago, thepwhisp said:
@Rdnhey  When you say temporarily what do you mean exactly?  I know touchups on fillers  keep everything looking good, but have you seen permanent results from subcision after the filler has gone away?

Just curious because I plan on getting subcision in the next 3-6 months.  

Yes of course! Btw after few months, or years, scars tend to reappear (less severe of course) even after 3, 4 or 5 subcision, no matter what. So If u want the best results u have to keep filling them. 

3 hours ago, Raster said:

If there's anything that people need to understand about acne scars, more than anything, is that there is no single best way to get rid of acne scars because not only do acne scars come in different forms, shapes, sizes, depths -- there's boxcars, ice picks, rolling scars, shallow scars, deep scars, atrophic scars-- and all of these need different kinds of treatments, but people also have different skin types. 

The best doctors will usually have enough experience to know what kind of treatment your scars will need, whether its subcision, TCA cross, lasers, microneedling, fillers, etc. etc.

I ve different type of scars and I tried every treatment u mentioned, MANY times ;) so I can relate on what marrakech says in this thread.

MemberMember
(@frenchscar)

Posted : 10/17/2017 1:42 pm

So For you
it is impossible to fix acne ?
However i have seen good suces here

MemberMember
(@urbanite)

Posted : 10/17/2017 6:35 pm

So did all the treatments make your skin worse or did you continue to have acne?

MemberMember
(@rdnhey)

Posted : 10/17/2017 7:15 pm

5 hours ago, Frenchscar said:

So For you
it is impossible to fix acne ?
However i have seen good suces here

Do u mean scars, right? Yep. Try whatever procedure u want, how many times u want and then wait at least 1 year or more. U will understand what I'm talking about. Permanent results are going to be max 30-40%, but if u want 60-90% u have to keep going with subcision and filler. It will became a nice routine at least once a year lol

MemberMember
(@eric99)

Posted : 10/23/2017 3:21 am

TCA may get your scar bigger and deeper if do without carefulness , I suggest you to find a cream in your area that contain allium cepa and beta glucan , all those compositions can help to heal your scar for sure .

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 10/24/2017 2:17 am

@Marrakech Can we really get 100% improvement? Maybe you got lucky on those 3 scars. But what about the other 997 scars all around your face (hypothetically speaking)? HOW LONG will it take to clear them up? Suppose they will eventually get to 100% improvement, but when? Just when we're so damn old that nothing matters anymore?