Notifications
Clear all

Laser Hair Removal and breakouts for men

MemberMember
(@bk1818)

Posted : 10/16/2017 2:37 pm

I am a man, I recently got laser hair removal on my back and chest. My chest broke out just a little, I guess it was from the shaved hair growing back. I am
wondering if this will be a problem for my next session, I have been washing it with ProActive, it cleared up some, but there is still some visible. Just wanted to know if they can laser over it anyway.....

MemberMember
(@kaapojed)

Posted : 06/09/2018 5:39 am

After some time you will get rid of this problem. Laser hair removal is no doubt one of the most favouredhair removal procedures available out there, but there are some important side effects diabetics should know before proceeding with the treatment. For example, diabetics can feel more pain with laser hair removal due to sensitive nerves and tissues and are usually more susceptible to infections due to the slower healing response.

Read the full text here..................
[Link removed]

MemberMember
(@silavana)

Posted : 08/16/2018 12:06 pm

Lasers can cause increased sebum production, which may be why you broke out. Also, some of the post-treatment ointments are petroleum based. Next round, use an antibacterial ointment or cleanser to help mitigate any breakouts.

Talk to your dermatologist about whether or not you can have laser hair removal if you have acne.

Good luck.