Moisturiser burnt s...

Notifications
Clear all

Moisturiser burnt skin

MemberMember
(@oilylik)

Posted : 10/16/2017 11:28 am

Basically, I have oily skin and I've been told to use a moisturiser for oily skin to give skin 'moisture' so it won't need to produce more oil. So I bought one and it was burning my face slightly when used, but now it's left redness and flaky, dry skin all over my face almost like a very mild chemical burn and it won't go and it's awful. What is it and how do I get rid of it?

MemberMember
(@chloe123)

Posted : 10/17/2017 9:35 am

Pics??

MemberMember
(@honeyginseng)

Posted : 10/24/2017 6:16 pm

What product did you buy?
Either way, redness , flakiness, and stinging is a sign that your skin is aggravated and might not like whatever you're using. 
I don't know how often you've been using it, but sometimes you have to let your skin get used to it and start off just using it once/twice a week and see how it goes.

Since acne-prone skin is already considered sensitive skin, it's imperative that you use products with mild, skin-loving ingredients. :)

MemberMember
(@pintador)

Posted : 11/16/2017 10:31 am

What product did you buy?
If you bought a product fromsome fancy brand they might contain a lot of unnecessary ingredients that will do more harm than good to yourskin. If you did, I would recommend you to go to your pharmacy and buy a moisturizer there because they usually have products without all these ingredients that can cause irritation.

What honey&ginseng wrotesometimes it will just take time for yourskin to get used to the product and it will calm down by itself.

MemberMember
(@skyesthelimit)

Posted : 12/23/2017 9:25 am

Hey @oilylik

It's been a while since your post..Perhaps you can let us know more about what happened so we can help you out.