Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oilylik

Moisturiser burnt skin

Basically, I have oily skin and I've been told to use a moisturiser for oily skin to give skin 'moisture' so it won't need to produce more oil. So I bought one and it was burning my face slightly when used, but now it's left redness and flaky, dry skin all over my face almost like a very mild chemical burn and it won't go and it's awful. What is it and how do I get rid of it?

What product did you buy?
Either way, redness , flakiness, and stinging is a sign that your skin is aggravated and might not like whatever you're using. 
I don't know how often you've been using it, but sometimes you have to let your skin get used to it and start off just using it once/twice a week and see how it goes.

Since acne-prone skin is already considered sensitive skin, it's imperative that you use products with mild, skin-loving ingredients. :)

What product did you buy? 
If you bought a product from some fancy brand they might contain a lot of unnecessary ingredients that will do more harm than good to your skin. If you did, I would recommend you to go to your pharmacy and buy a moisturizer there  because they usually have products without all these ingredients that can cause irritation.

What honey&ginseng wrote sometimes it will just take time for your skin to get used to the product and it will calm down by itself.

Hi, for a burned skin as well as for a normal skin moisturizer nyassa bath and body oil and lotions do brilliantly in this case.Many of my friends have use this and no one is complaining about it.This brand is extremely reliable.
You can reach there:http://[link removed]/

Edited by Control Panel
No need to give brand's contact details