Notifications
Clear all

AHA/BHA/ CHEMICAL PEELS

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 10/16/2017 9:40 am

Hi, I was wondering if it was possible to use both AHA and BHA together. I use glycolic acid at night and I was wondering if I could use salicylic acid 2% gel in the morning or if it would be too much?

Also, I'm a woc (black) and I have ice pick scarring, is there any other procedure except TCA peels that is suitable for my skin? I don't want to experience hyper or hypopigmentation.

(I do not have any existing pimples right now, just a little hyperpigmentation and ice pick scarring)

MemberMember
(@christtinaaaxo)

Posted : 10/18/2017 3:22 pm

I don't know much about the logistics of this in terms of chemical composition. But I do use glycoic pads every three days or so, and I use a facewash that has salicylic and sulfur in it. It didn't cause me any problems. In fact this combination cleared up my mild to moderate acne.

The only thing I would maybe caution against is this over-drying your skin.

oyinkan98 liked
MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 10/19/2017 3:52 pm

On 10/18/2017 at 4:22 PM, christtinaaaxo said:

I don't know much about the logistics of this in terms of chemical composition. But I do use glycoic pads every three days or so, and I use a facewash that has salicylic and sulfur in it. It didn't cause me any problems. In fact this combination cleared up my mild to moderate acne.

The only thing I would maybe caution against is this over-drying your skin.

Thank you. I use a very good moisturizer so overdrying shouldn't really be a problem.