Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi, I was wondering if it was possible to use both AHA and BHA together. I use glycolic acid at night and I was wondering if I could use salicylic acid 2% gel in the morning or if it would be too much?

Also, I'm a woc (black) and I have ice pick scarring, is there any other procedure except TCA peels that is suitable for my skin? I don't want to experience hyper or hypopigmentation.

(I do not have any existing pimples right now, just a little hyperpigmentation and ice pick scarring)

I don't know much about the logistics of this in terms of chemical composition. But I do use glycoic pads every three days or so, and I use a facewash that has salicylic and sulfur in it. It didn't cause me any problems. In fact this combination cleared up my mild to moderate acne. 

The only thing I would maybe caution against is this over-drying your skin.

On 10/18/2017 at 4:22 PM, christtinaaaxo said:

I don't know much about the logistics of this in terms of chemical composition. But I do use glycoic pads every three days or so, and I use a facewash that has salicylic and sulfur in it. It didn't cause me any problems. In fact this combination cleared up my mild to moderate acne. 

The only thing I would maybe caution against is this over-drying your skin.

Thank you. I use a very good moisturizer so overdrying shouldn't really be a problem.