Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Urbanite

How do people schedule time for their peels?

I mean, around work?  I can't have my skin come off like a snake, while working in an office and meeting clients.  Do most people take time off?

Ha yes, most people I know take off work but you could also get face peels performed in sections instead of doing a full face peel if you can't take off of work.  Depending on the strength you might not look so bad. I have done 20% tca where I only needed to take a day off work (got the peel on Monday and started peeling Thursday night and took Friday off).  Now I do peels that are much deeper than this where I feel self conscious even going to the mailbox and need to stay home for at least 7 days. 

Christmas break, Holiday, 4 day weekends, work from home remotely for medical reasons (approval). etc... As uplifitingcat said you can peel just one small area at a time and rotate (less area to look bad / peel). Peeling wise the more down time the deeper the peel and more results. If you don't have much time go have a DR do a sedated TCA or Phenol Deep peel and make sure they get under the scars, even that make take 2 of them. 

This is the main reason why I work PT, so I can work on my scarring during my days off. I am off 4 days a week, and if I need that 5th day, I request it off or trade with someone to work for me, so I can work for them once Im healed the following week. The down side is I am broke lol... but I'd rather get my skin back than have $ and scars.