Notifications
Clear all

Subcision,Dermapen and Prp

MemberMember
(@sam)

Posted : 10/14/2017 5:38 pm

My Derm offered to do subcision,dermpen and prp for a certain price,but I decided on the subcision only,bc I want to try it with the suction method,and bc Mr Matt had good results with these two same procedures.I've had subcision,dermapen and dermaroller done before,on separate occasions,but never two of these procedures together.

Please,can someone tell me if I should have done all three procedures at the same time?

Has anyone had subcision,dermapen and Prp done at the same time?...
Did you get good results when having all these three procedures done at the same time?
Does Prp help improve acne scars?

MemberMember
(@obi-wan)

Posted : 10/15/2017 5:12 am

It would depend on your scar type. Subcision, microneedling and PRP are commonly combined with safety.
Results can be synergistic. Remember no two scar patterns are similar.
PRP definitely reduces healing time, but as to actual scar improvement I do think that blinded split face studies need
to be done. Healing is easy to measure, but my feeling is that PRP in theory, improves the scar due to growth factors, cytokines etc.... .
There are studies ATM regarding stems etc.. maybe promising, but more robust split face blinded studies are needed.
Your dermatologist will know, just be careful with suction as extensive Nokor may cause a haematoma (5-10% of cases). Suction will make this worse. Be guided by your dermatologist post procedure. Wish you well.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 10/15/2017 11:04 am

I think it was you Sam who said collagen is delicate, just like I always say. I would spread out the microneedling and Subcision, especially with a cannula which works best. Give it time to build and grow. Do the PRP with the microneedling. You can always do saline injections during the subcision, the body absorbs it quickly but it has helped some. No PRP helps the body heal faster, same say it has growth factors, this would work best I think with microneeding as your already wounding the body, this is where I have seen some small improvement with it. But it's very expensive.

MemberMember
(@sam)

Posted : 10/15/2017 4:17 pm

Yes,I did say collagen is fragile.I read about collagen being very fragile some years ago.

I have already had subcision done on the 14th Oct 2017.

Should I wait 3 months to see the results of the subcision and suction,or is it still possible to have the dermapen and prp done now?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 10/16/2017 7:46 am

You can have it done, wait a month and a half or so. Be fully healed up. Continue your suction. Give the collagen some time to build and heal.

MemberMember
(@karma3362)

Posted : 10/16/2017 10:49 am

I had subsicion and microneedling done this year. I had long deep scarring on my cheeks and deep looking wrinkled scarring around my mouth and chin. The process for me was something like once a month I would go in for 6 months since Feb. of this year. The process was expensive and the microneedling and subsicion with needles hurts like so incredibly bad even with the numbing plus your face will look a hot mess after it is done. However, dont expect changes right away it is slow and gradual. I can now see changes in my skin especially in the depth of my scarring from subsicion not nearly as bad. Also, the scarring around my smile and chin have become much much smoother. I can see that in the quality of my skin much smoother. I am due for another visit to the derm. soon to check up on how skin is doing and to decide if we need to do more treatments. Good luck to you.

MemberMember
(@marrakech)

Posted : 10/16/2017 11:32 pm

On 10/14/2017 at 3:38 PM, Sam said:

Has anyone had subcision,dermapen and Prp done at the same time?...

I did subcision, dermarolling and PRP and it does work better together. I just think I am too old to regenerate skin now, I think if you're young this will help you greatly. I did all of this by mysel, .. plus thankfully I have a family member who is in medical field that draws my blood then we spin it.

MemberMember
(@sam)

Posted : 10/21/2017 7:46 pm

What age are you Marrakech?

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 10/24/2017 2:45 am

On 10/15/2017 at 9:04 AM, beautifulambition said:

I think it was you Sam who said collagen is delicate, just like I always say. I would spread out the microneedling and Subcision, especially with a NOKOR which works best. Give it time to build and grow. Do the PRP with the microneedling. You can always do saline injections during the subcision, the body absorbs it quickly but it has helped some. No PRP helps the body heal faster, same say it has growth factors, this would work best I think with microneeding as your already wounding the body, this is where I have seen some small improvement with it. But it's very expensive.

But what's the rationale forcombining both Sub and Needle at the same time? One goes in vertically while the other horizontally, but both serve the same purpose: to boost collagen. So it seems rather counter-intuitive.