Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Emmadilemma22

Im completely at a loss for my blackheads.

If I pick them out, I get scarring. If I leave them, they get bigger and bigger and bigger. My cheeks and nose look so dimpled, I wouldn’t be surprised if my blackheads reached an average of 1mm wide by the time I’m 30. 
Ive always had blackheads, my dad has them too, but I can’t get rid of them and they’re just getting bigger. I’ve tried: 
-switching products I use, and testing to see if I can find anything causing it. I can’t. I just have oily giant blackheads. Nothings causing it. 
-salicylic acid
-glycolic acid 
-sleeping with a bentonite mask on 
-ear wax remover (which kind of worked but was a pain in the a** to do everyday.) 
-diet changes 
-I don’t wear or sleep in makeup 
-prescription strength tretinoin
-products it’s ingredients specifically for strengthening pore walls. 

i don’t KNOW WHAT TO DO!!! Should I try accutane? I can’t afford a laser treatment but I’m starting to wonder if that’s all I can do. What about microneedling? I’ve heard that can reduce your pores a bit. 
Help? Please. :(

Blackheads are stubborn, after my acne cleared up they're the one thing that persist. Recently, I introduced a BHA cream to my routine and after 3 weeks I noticed the pores on my nose are definitely more faint and less noticeable than used to be. I'd really recommend CosRx BHA cream, it takes time and you don't want to rush it as it or it makes your skin really raw but I get decent results.

Right now, my daily routine is:

Clarins cleansing milk
Simple moisturising face wash (or similar product)
Simple micellar cleansing water
Night time: Green cream, a mild retinol cream, leave on for 20-30 minutes
Argan oil as moisturiser, apply on dampened face

2-3 times a week I also do:

Skinfood sugar mask (contrary to the name, it's an exfoliator) 2-3 times a week
Morning: CosRx BHA cream (or another BHS cream) 2-3 times a week and leave on for 20-30 minutes

Some of the products are pricey, I'm not the kind of person who only uses expensive top brands but they work for me.