Notifications
Clear all

Initial breakout on yasmin?

MemberMember
(@sadface18)

Posted : 10/11/2017 5:23 pm

Did you have an intial breakout on yasmin (birth control pil)? If yes, then how long did it last (so I mean how long did you continue to break out), when did it start and how long did it take for you to get clear, so even for the scarring to start fading. Any tips for managing the breakouts?

MemberMember
(@kenshinhimura)

Posted : 10/13/2017 2:26 pm

I™ve been on Yasmin for 2 weeks, and I definietly had an initial break out around my jaw on both sides of my face. It™s day 18 now and the scarring has faded quite a lot but after I wash my face, as expected, still shows up quite a bit. I still have scars from pimples that showed up after that break out, but I haven™t got all that much since the initial one. With scars I recommend using sudocrem as it fades them quite a bit. Also, no picking |

MemberMember
(@sadface18)

Posted : 10/15/2017 2:22 pm

Thank you so much for your reply!! I am on day 7 now and experiencing what I think is the initial breakout. About three small pimples on my cheek and some along my jaw. My forehead was awful last month due to a bunch of things, so that's still healing.  At least I am not experiencing cysts, hopefully it won't get a lot worse than this so I can finally focus on hyperpigmentation. I am trying manuka honey next week, other than that I use tea tree oil for active pimples, aloe vera for scarring and a good moisturizer plus acv as a toner. I am also taking omega 3 again, I think that made a huge difference in my skin last time I took it. I will also start taking zink and b5 next week.

Let's keep in touch and update each other :) 

MemberMember
(@sadface18)

Posted : 10/18/2017 2:03 pm

I've been on it for about a week and a half and I have some breakouts, even a couple of small cysts. Hopefully this is the intial breakout and it will only get better from now.