Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hana-lndn

Please Help - PMD burned my skin!

I used the PMD microderm device the other day (it was my second time using it) and used the blue device which is supposed to be for sensitive skin and I followed the instructions as close as I could, I do admit the suction thing didn't go as smoothly. But boy did I wish I had a time machine just to go back in time and undo what I did! Now my skin is covered with burns! The burns look weird, it is like someone draw circles all over my face. I went to my dermatologist and she confirmed they were burns :'( 
I was wondering if anyone experienced this before because I searched all over the internet and nothing came up! 
I have never had burns on my face and I was wondering if they leave a scar and how long until completely healed. I honestly hate looking at my face and I hate even more when someone asks me whats wrong with my face! The doctor did gave me Bioderma Cicabio Creme and she said it would help with the healing process and that hopefully it should heal in 3 weeks. That 'hopefully' kind of scared me, I don't want to be left with scars. So please share your experience with burns and any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you!

These are burns, like you would burn yourself on a stove. Use honey and aloe vera. Burn creams would be appropriate. Triple Antibiotic cream. Do not use any scrubs, washes or products which are not for burns. You will have to wait this out as it's in the wound phase. Speak to your dermatologist they are best able to handle emergencies like this. It will take a while to fade. Use sun screen. Yogurt/ Kefir is also soothing. 

**If there is PIE in a few weeks (NOT NOW) then do the PIE protocol located in the FAQ, the top post of the scar sub.