Notifications
Clear all

Red marks won't go away

MemberMember
(@steph19)

Posted : 10/10/2017 6:39 pm

Please help me understand these .. Like they have made my confidence plummet .. Will they ever go away ? I feel so gross and disgusting ... And people don't understand .I start Accutane nov 1 and I just don't know what to do 

image.png

[Edited image out]

[Edited image out]

MemberMember
(@jessie_jay22)

Posted : 10/10/2017 7:59 pm

I heard Vitamin c serum works wonders.. but Apple Cider vinegar is amazing! I've been using it to treat my hyperpigmentation for like 3 weeks and I've already noticed an incredible difference. You have to get the organic "Mother" one and dilute it with water. Use it right after cleansing your face, pat ur face dry, then get a cotton ball and apply it to your face. Wait for it to dry and then apply your moisturizer. Don't forget the moisturizing part! I do this before bed and when I wake up my face looks better each day a little at a time. It speeds up the time but ultimately time is key. And it may take a month or two to clear completely... but the organic Apple cider vinegar does wonders because it acts like a toner/antiseptic to the hyperpigmentation. It'll look very red when ur done applying it (bc it's doing it job) but that goes away after a half an hour. Which is why I do it before bed. Just make sure to dilute it with water and when first using it to add a little of the vinegar and ease into putting more vinegar to water ratio over time. But seriously.. it's awesome and only use once a day! Hope this helps !:)

Steph19 liked
MemberMember
(@steph19)

Posted : 10/10/2017 8:46 pm

45 minutes ago, Jessie_jay22 said:

I heard Vitamin c serum works wonders.. but Apple Cider vinegar is amazing! I've been using it to treat my hyperpigmentation for like 3 weeks and I've already noticed an incredible difference. You have to get the organic "Mother" one and dilute it with water. Use it right after cleansing your face, pat ur face dry, then get a cotton ball and apply it to your face. Wait for it to dry and then apply your moisturizer. Don't forget the moisturizing part! I do this before bed and when I wake up my face looks better each day a little at a time. It speeds up the time but ultimately time is key. And it may take a month or two to clear completely... but the organic Apple cider vinegar does wonders because it acts like a toner/antiseptic to the hyperpigmentation. It'll look very red when ur done applying it (bc it's doing it job) but that goes away after a half an hour. Which is why I do it before bed. Just make sure to dilute it with water and when first using it to add a little of the vinegar and ease into putting more vinegar to water ratio over time. But seriously.. it's awesome and only use once a day! Hope this helps !:)

Thank you , I'm goning on Accutane soon so I get no more ance to cause these and the Dermo says that I won't be able to use anything else on my skin and it really worries me

MemberMember
(@jessie_jay22)

Posted : 10/10/2017 10:03 pm

1 hour ago, Steph19 said:
2 hours ago, Jessie_jay22 said:

Thank you , I'm goning on Accutane soon so I get no more ance to cause these and the Dermo says that I won't be able to use anything else on my skin and it really worries me

Oh wow your acne doesn't look that bad to me for you to be bad on acutane! But I'm sure your derm knows what they are doing. I would def wouldnt use the Apple cider vinegar on your face then... that'll irritate it badly. Ask him about using vitamin c serum. That isn't irritating and could help smooth dry skin in he process!

Steph19 liked
MemberMember
(@wannabeactor)

Posted : 10/10/2017 10:47 pm

I also don't think your acne looks that bad; especially to be prescribed accutane.  But if your dem says not to use anything else (which I can understand while on accutane considering the potential side effects) then I'd listen to them first.  Otherwise I'd recommend using tea tree essential oil (especially combined with lavender oil) as it did help me when I had facial acne (but my body acne won't go away :(  Oatmeal mask can help too.

Anyways, no matter what you choose to do best of luck!

Steph19 liked
MemberMember
(@steph19)

Posted : 10/11/2017 4:53 am

6 hours ago, WannabeActor said:

I also don't think your acne looks that bad; especially to be prescribed accutane.  But if your dem says not to use anything else (which I can understand while on accutane considering the potential side effects) then I'd listen to them first.  Otherwise I'd recommend using tea tree essential oil (especially combined with lavender oil) as it did help me when I had facial acne (but my body acne won't go away :(  Oatmeal mask can help too.

Anyways, no matter what you choose to do best of luck!

Honestly I think my dermotogist knows nothing I've been there multiple times and I've seen every dermotogist there and everything they prescribed me broke me out and they never healed .. I'm getting so doc outages over them .. No pills or anything will work so they told me about Accutane it'll be a small doseage but it's mainly to stop any pimple on its track so I do not get anymore of these red marks on my skin cause I cry every night I'm very emotional over think ... Thank you everyone for your feedback!!! I appreciate it all !

7 hours ago, Jessie_jay22 said:
Oh wow your acne doesn't look that bad to me for you to be bad on acutane! But I'm sure your derm knows what they are doing. I would def wouldnt use the Apple cider vinegar on your face then... that'll irritate it badly. Ask him about using vitamin c serum. That isn't irritating and could help smooth dry skin in he process!

Thank you so much for your feedback ! I think I'm going to run to the store to get some vitamin C serum ? Does that clog pores at all? Acctune while my dermotogist prescribed it becasue every tiny pimple I get leaves a mark .. Like I'm sure in the photo it didn't get them all or something becasue I think it's really bad so I kinda fought with her saying that nothing they give me works and these red marks just come out of nowhere half the time. So she said about a small does age on Accutane and I agrees after a lot of research cause I still sometimes get bigger pimples.. I am mostly mad about the red marks tho .. They seem not to understand that .. I've been on docycline and tetrinol cram for about 2 months not and I haven't seen much of anything. After accutun I plan on pulses dye laser surgery has anyone heard of that ? Which  Vitamin C serum would be the best ?

image.png

image.png

image.png

MemberMember
(@steph19)

Posted : 10/11/2017 5:14 am

20 minutes ago, Steph19 said:
Honestly I think my dermotogist knows nothing I've been there multiple times and I've seen every dermotogist there and everything they prescribed me broke me out and they never healed .. I'm getting so doc outages over them .. No pills or anything will work so they told me about Accutane it'll be a small doseage but it's mainly to stop any pimple on its track so I do not get anymore of these red marks on my skin cause I cry every night I'm very emotional over think ... Thank you everyone for your feedback!!! I appreciate it all ! Thank you so much for your feedback ! I think I'm going to run to the store to get some vitamin C serum ? Does that clog pores at all? Acctune while my dermotogist prescribed it becasue every tiny pimple I get leaves a mark .. Like I'm sure in the photo it didn't get them all or something becasue I think it's really bad so I kinda fought with her saying that nothing they give me works and these red marks just come out of nowhere half the time. So she said about a small does age on Accutane and I agrees after a lot of research cause I still sometimes get bigger pimples.. I am mostly mad about the red marks tho .. They seem not to understand that .. I've been on docycline and tetrinol cram for about 2 months not and I haven't seen much of anything. After accutun I plan on pulses dye laser surgery has anyone heard of that ?

Which one would be better for me ?

image.png

image.png

image.png

MemberMember
(@jessie_jay22)

Posted : 10/11/2017 3:14 pm

The Last one from Walmart looks most effective because it also contains organic aloe and green teas which is AMAZING for the skin! I'm not sure what your skin type is so I can't really tell you how it'll effect your skin. But Vitamin C doesn't clog pores from what I heard.. check reviews online before purchasing it! That's what I do lol