Notifications
Clear all

Acne Injection!

MemberMember
(@forwardwego)

Posted : 10/10/2017 3:00 pm

I have a cyst an inch under my eye that began like a week ago. It started out super small n wasn't even raised, but over time it grew. the past 3 days it has risen n started becoming a bit painful. It had no head, but today it looks like it has a very small white head on the side of it. I Can't really tell if it's surfaced or still under the skin

Anyway today I'm supposed to get an acne injection for this bump, but Now that it has a really small tip, will the cortisone shot be any good??

thanks!

MemberMember
(@forwardwego)

Posted : 10/10/2017 10:54 pm

So I got the cyst injected about 4 hours ago, but it's still pretty sensitive pain-wise. The doc used a diluted 0.5 concentration I believe and said that some of the medicine came out when she injected it. Is it normal for it to still be a bit painful after an infection? It also hasn't really flattened out much, only slightly. Though it wasn't that big to begin with. Probably the width of half a penny

MemberMember
(@wannabeactor)

Posted : 10/11/2017 12:10 am

usually after injections it can take up to a day for them to work completely from what I hear. Since you have had an injection put in it is no surprise you might feel a little sore on the area.

Was it a cortisone shot?

MemberMember
(@forwardwego)

Posted : 10/11/2017 11:36 am

Yea kenalog 0.5. Now 17 hrs have passed and luckily the redness has gone down quite a bit and the bump has gone down by nearly half, but there's still very slight pain whenever light pressure is applied. Much much less than before. Hopefully it goes away completely soon :)

Wondering About the aftercare if anyone has an answer....
Do u leave the injected cyst alone or do u spot treat it? I use aha every other day but haven't been putting it on the cyst

MemberMember
(@forwardwego)

Posted : 10/12/2017 1:36 pm

UPDATE:
It's been nearly 2 days since the injection and the cyst is now flat! It's now just a small, darker area of skin , but I'm sure I can get it to lighten up pretty quick. It's flat but when I gently press down on it I can still feel some roundness underneath, hoping that deflates.

Cortisone shot 10/10 would recommend!!! But keep the concentration low, don't risk too much :o