Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Serefessa

Epiduo Suffering- Any tips? (pictures)

Hey there guys, I was recently prescribed Epiduo last week and was only able to use it for a few days before it got to be WAY too much for my skin. It's been 5 days since discontinuing use and my skin is STILL red, EXTREMELY dry (it's difficult to talk/laugh), and flakey. Usually I would be okay with this but I can't even cover it with foundation because it's so paralyzed feeling (feels like I got botox...).

The only relief is when I dampen it with a steaming hot face cloth, other than that, nothing is helping...

Please help with tips. I usually wear a full face of makeup to class/work and I'm not comfortable doing otherwise...

Edit: Forgot to mention doctor prescribed me Betnovate cream to hold me over until Thursday when I see my Dermatologist... 

before.jpg

Edited by Serefessa

I also couldn't tolerate epiduo and so my derm told me to wash it off after just half hour, I know half hour seems very very less, but it worked just as it should and I had no troubles whatsoever.

49 minutes ago, eternalrocket said:

I also couldn't tolerate epiduo and so my derm told me to wash it off after just half hour, I know half hour seems very very less, but it worked just as it should and I had no troubles whatsoever.

I'll give that a shot when I'm using it again, thank you. ^_^

Since your skin couldn't tolerate it, how did you deal with dryness after? Any specific things?

my skin didn't really get flaky, it was more like a bad reaction, my skin backfired and I got horrible cystic acne, and after that I started washing it off after half hour.