Notifications
Clear all

What am i doing wrong?

MemberMember
(@bumbierons)

Posted : 10/09/2017 7:16 am

This is me. 19 years old guy, currently studying Marketing in Denmark. Before i came to Denmark as seen in this picture, i had somewhat clear skin. I ate shit - dairy, sugars, soda - you name it. I didnt change my pillows, didnt drink enough water a day, whatever that makes you break out. Ive had abit of acne since 14, but it is kinda periodic - during summers i have barely anything on my face.

During first months in Denmark, i slowly realised that my acne was coming back. What i also noticed is that my facial skin is very very oily every day, i was producing excess sebum oil that was causing acne. I started working out regularly( 3x a week gym, 1-2x running 5km each, 10km a day with bicycle to school). That didnt fix the situation. I read alot of articles about diet. That was exactly 1 week ago when i cut out all sugars(cookies,icecream,soda,etc), all white bread and pastries and all dairy. Started eating alot of vegetables and fruits, atleast a serving or two a day- carrots, tomatoes, broccoli, cucumber, 2bananas a day,mango, 2 apples a day, pineapple, pears. Drinking 2L of water every day, eating alot of oats also.

This is me now - 1,5months later and 1 week after i cut out all dairy.  https://imgur.com/a/AUOTM  You cant see in the pic, but i have lots of jaw and neck acne also. Most of it goes from temples to jaw.

Been changing my sheets very often. Washing my face twice a day, using moisturizer Sebium H20 and sebium global acne prone skin cream befor sleep every night. I do not touch my face and any pimples, i do not use hands to wash my face, rather i use the shower head. I change my towels once a week. What am i doing wrong? Maybe those sugars in fruits are breaking me out? Maybe it is just too much worrying and stress? I would be happy to do anything more to just fix my self-insecurity problem.

p.s. - that cigarette behind my ear in the picture is a joke/troll to my friend. I dont smoke or use any alcohol.

IMG-3343.JPG

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/09/2017 9:16 am

Have you tried a course of anti biotics from your dr?suggest you do if your bothered about your skin,lymecycline might be good for you,or something similar.

i used to eat crap then i changed my diet and it did basicly nothing bar make me more sensitivevto certain things,fruit broke me out horribly.i lost 3st also,my clothes didnt fit.

i threw towel in after 5 month of it and eat crap again but,i got anti biotics from dr,it seems to be doing the job.

so realy for me at this moment in time eating wasnt the problem,bacteria was the problem and my ability to kill it or control it.this is where the anti biotics came in and its doing the job fingers crossed.

realy before trying products and change of diet/lifestyle,your best to see dr and maybe a simple course of anti biotics was all it took?
:)

MemberMember
(@bumbierons)

Posted : 10/09/2017 9:42 am

24 minutes ago, Quadboy said:

Have you tried a course of anti biotics from your dr?suggest you do if your bothered about your skin,lymecycline might be good for you,or something similar.

i used to eat crap then i changed my diet and it did basicly nothing bar make me more sensitivevto certain things,fruit broke me out horribly.i lost 3st also,my clothes didnt fit.

i threw towel in after 5 month of it and eat crap again but,i got anti biotics from dr,it seems to be doing the job.

so realy for me at this moment in time eating wasnt the problem,bacteria was the problem and my ability to kill it or control it.this is where the anti biotics came in and its doing the job fingers crossed.

realy before trying products and change of diet/lifestyle,your best to see dr and maybe a simple course of anti biotics was all it took?

Hey, yeah im getting dermatologist appointment in a week or so. What is the difference between bacteria and regular acne? Also i forgot to mention that my skin is somewhat itchy and especially very itchy when i am in the gym.

Thank you for your reply!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/09/2017 12:27 pm

You could be duffering from mild rosacea.its acne but brought on by sweating,heat,sun,basicly external influences.

your body is full of bacteria,good and bad,the bacteria associated with acne are usualy killed by your bodys immune system.sometimes its not working properly amd the bacteria put up a fight and this creates sores,spots etc.

all anti biotics do is attack the bacteria and weaken them giving yoyr body a hand in killing the bacteria.theoreticaly,less or no acne causing bacteria = less or no acne.

if its rosacea then you want to find out whats causin the external stimulation.usualy its red flushing with small white heads or sore spots.simply stop doing what causes your skin problem if its externaly influenced.

MemberMember
(@bumbierons)

Posted : 10/09/2017 1:21 pm

53 minutes ago, Quadboy said:

You could be duffering from mild rosacea.its acne but brought on by sweating,heat,sun,basicly external influences.

your body is full of bacteria,good and bad,the bacteria associated with acne are usualy killed by your bodys immune system.sometimes its not working properly amd the bacteria put up a fight and this creates sores,spots etc.

all anti biotics do is attack the bacteria and weaken them giving yoyr body a hand in killing the bacteria.theoreticaly,less or no acne causing bacteria = less or no acne.

if its rosacea then you want to find out whats causin the external stimulation.usualy its red flushing with small white heads or sore spots.simply stop doing what causes your skin problem if its externaly influenced.

What other external causes could be there? I mean there is rarely any sun in Denmark, it is not hot. My face is sweaty all the time but thats because of the sebum oil and not because of exercise...