Notifications
Clear all

Diet and Acne

MemberMember
(@faceisamess)

Posted : 10/07/2017 12:01 pm

I eat like total crap. Bags of candy and cookies everyday, ice cream, crackers Im a total binge eater and have always been. Although I have seen progress with my skin, starting tomorrow Im going to fix up my diet significantly and then Ill finally see if it makes mine worse and by how much. Ill keep posting in here.

MemberMember
(@valerie22)

Posted : 11/16/2017 8:54 am

Im a binge eater too omg. I think it is the reason behind my skin getting so bad, it must have completely thrown my hormones off wack. I do see my skin start to clear up after a least 4 or 5 days of healthy eating. Not perfect, but for sure a lot better. I can just never stick to such a strict diet and always binge eat. Its so annoying. 

Ive gotten a lot better at it and make sure I eat tons of healthy food and have positive thoughts but I started on accutane anyways. I hope you can get help for the binging, it really effected and still does when I do it , my self esteem and caused me depression. Im not sure if its a problem for you but if it is I'm here to help :)

MemberMember
(@beyondinfinity)

Posted : 11/16/2017 9:18 pm

Why are you guys binge eating all that crap? Please try and stop, its not only bad for your skin, its bad for you health. It's also an addiction...

"junk foodsstimulate the reward system in the brain in the same way as drugs of abuselikecocaine. For susceptible people,eating junk foodscan lead to full-blownaddiction, which shares the same biological basis asaddictionto drugs of abuse"

Try your best to just eliminate them even if you crave andsuffer withdrawal symptoms.

By eating so much junk food you are also starving your beneficial gut bacteria.
For more on this I encourageyouwatch this video,

It takes guts
its about our bodymicro biome and its connection to our health. What we eat has an effect on the bacteria that live in and on our body.

MemberMember
(@valerie22)

Posted : 11/16/2017 10:22 pm

1 hour ago, beyondinfinity said:

Why are you guys binge eating all that crap? Please try and stop, its not only bad for your skin, its bad for you health. It's also an addiction...

"junk foodsstimulate the reward system in the brain in the same way as drugs of abuselikecocaine. For susceptible people,eating junk foodscan lead to full-blownaddiction, which shares the same biological basis asaddictionto drugs of abuse"

Try your best to just eliminate them even if you crave andsuffer withdrawal symptoms.

By eating so much junk food you are also starving your beneficial gut bacteria.
For more on this I encourageyouth watch this video,

It takes guts
its about our bodymicro biome and its connection to our health. What we eat has an effect on the bacteria that live in and on our body.

I know, I'm lucky I have a fast metabolism so Im no where near overweight but it is so so bad for you. I was able to get rid of sugar cravings completely with eating more fruit and more protein. Im aware of how addicting it is and so lucky to know how to manage it by eating tons of healthy food to always stay full in order to not go crazy on junk food because I'm starving. Ill watch the video though thanks :).

MemberMember
(@tania-crowe)

Posted : 11/17/2017 1:07 am

I recommend in order to see a decrease in acne, you should attempt to eat healthy food and drink a lot of water for about a month and you will see that your acne will decrease significantly.

MemberMember
(@lifeswaitingtobegin)

Posted : 11/17/2017 4:33 pm

You are what you eat 

MemberMember
(@skyesthelimit)

Posted : 12/20/2017 6:15 am

Oh this is my struggle too!