Notifications
Clear all

Moderate to severe acne + daily new whiteheads

MemberMember
(@anonyacne)

Posted : 10/06/2017 11:52 am

I am a 22 year old male with combination/oily skin. I have had severe cystic acne for over a year in my freshmen year of college. It took me awhile to learn about acne and in turn i created many acne scars and worse conditions. (i made the situation by carelessly popping and not doing research on acne because i never experienced it acne before)

I began getting less cysts and more whiteheads, many blackheads, even more tiny tiny dots and bumps. I spent a year in South korea to which my skin got a lot better.

Then over the last 4 months of being back in America my skin has only gotten wprse each day. These photos are from today and my acne hurts in my temporal, jaw, and upper cheeks. Rest of my issues lies in daily formed whiteheads, and random red bumps that appear everyday, as well as scarring.

this is my first time really acknowledging my problem out in public. 

Current regimen:
Morning I daily wash and exfoliate with dermalogica clearing face wash and daily microfoliant in the shower

cetaphil moisturizing lotion and sunscreen after.

if i have time, i wash my face with exposed face wash to wipe the oiliness off my face in the afternoon between things.

then after my day is finished I wash and exfoliate with warm water with the dermalogica face wash and daily microfoliant. Followed by a liberal spread of roche-posay duo BP cream with cetaphil moisturizer.

this regimen has been only active the last month and some change. 

My problem also lies in fluctuation. My skin tends to look clearer and with maybe one new whitehead then the next week, break out and become red or dry.

My diet does not change, drinking less dairy, eating more whole wheat foods, less sugar, and a lot more fruits, etc.

i have questions about starting accutane and seeing if its right for me. Also just any help in male acne regimen or things i can do to further help or change.

IMG_1820.JPGIMG_1821.JPG

IMG_1822.JPG

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/06/2017 1:03 pm

One of first things people should realy realy do before anything else is go to your local dr and get some anti biotics.

i read far too many times people changing diet and how they use this and that cream and most do not go to a dr and get a simple course of anti biotics and see how they do with them.

anti biotics kills the acne causing bacteria and also cuts down on inflammation of skin.

i suggest you get to dr,get some anti biotics,cut down on the stuff you shove on your face,even stopping it altogether and just use warm clean water and pat dry with dry clean towel.

done touch and pick at your face,keep hands clean,keep pillow case clean and general hygene.

just use a moisturiser thats good for your skin type,that dosnt break you out or sting and make face go red.

get them anti biotics and see what they do for your skin and take it from there.

come back after you gone to dr and got anti biotic.
:)

MemberMember
(@anonyacne)

Posted : 10/06/2017 1:33 pm

26 minutes ago, Quadboy said:

One of first things people should realy realy do before anything else is go to your local dr and get some anti biotics.

i read far too many times people changing diet and how they use this and that cream and most do not go to a dr and get a simple course of anti biotics and see how they do with them.

anti biotics kills the acne causing bacteria and also cuts down on inflammation of skin.

i suggest you get to dr,get some anti biotics,cut down on the stuff you shove on your face,even stopping it altogether and just use warm clean water and pat dry with dry clean towel.

done touch and pick at your face,keep hands clean,keep pillow case clean and general hygene.

just use a moisturiser thats good for your skin type,that dosnt break you out or sting and make face go red.

get them anti biotics and see what they do for your skin and take it from there.

come back after you gone to dr and got anti biotic.
:)

I think I really needed this simple reality check from you, what anti biotics should i look for? I know to use whatever the doctor will prescribe but was wondering if there are any ones i should look for or avoid in my acne state. 

Thank you for the help! I did realize before i left for Korea, i had only used cetaphil gentle face wash and lotion strictly and my acne never improve but it did not get worse, felt much cleaner, and burden free with no crazy regimen.