Notifications
Clear all

Dehydrated Skin

MemberMember
(@saints1000)

Posted : 10/05/2017 12:50 pm

So I've been using proactiv for about four years and just recently my skin has started feeling pretty tight around my forehead (my only problem spot) and still has an oily look to it so you can see my lines in my foreheard. I looked online and found its most likely dehydrated and stripped of its natural oils. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to get my skin hydrated? I would stop using proactiv but I find it does the best job of getting rid of my pimples and I still get some on my forehead.

Currently I'm moisturizing with cerave lotion, which I've used for years and love, but it seems not to hydrate enough in this case. I'm also considering jojoba oil.

If someone could offer suggestions, let me know! thanks

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 10/05/2017 9:40 pm

8 hours ago, Saints1000 said:

So I've been using proactiv for about four years and just recently my skin has started feeling pretty tight around my forehead (my only problem spot) and still has an oily look to it so you can see my lines in my foreheard. I looked online and found its most likely dehydrated and stripped of its natural oils. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to get my skin hydrated? I would stop using proactiv but I find it does the best job of getting rid of my pimples and I still get some on my forehead.

Currently I'm moisturizing with cerave lotion, which I've used for years and love, but it seems not to hydrate enough in this case. I'm also considering jojoba oil.

hyaluronic acid serum works well for hydration. it pulls and keeps moisture in the skin.

MemberMember
(@honeyginseng)

Posted : 10/08/2017 1:10 am

On 10/5/2017 at 10:50 AM, Saints1000 said:

I agree! hyalauronic acid pulls moisture from the air and seals it into your skin. It's even better if you have a product that has multiple molecular weights of hyauluronic acid so some could penetrate deeper into the layers of your skin. I believe Hada Laba has a good hyauluronic acid moisturizer.

I also looove using oils to moisturize my skin. For oily skin, you want to use oils with a higher linoleic acid content than oleic acid. These are oils like rosehip oil, hempseed oil, etc, while oils high in oleic acid (such as olive oil, castor oil, etc.) are great for dry skin. 

Hydrating your skin is key to controlling your sebum production, and my skin has been regulated since I got a good moisturizer for my combination skin :)