Notifications
Clear all

Dry Cystic Acne and Dan's Regimen?

MemberMember
(@nomsies)

Posted : 10/05/2017 3:58 am

When I was 12 years old, I started to develop mild acne. Mostly small bumps on the forehead and etc. 

One day, at the age of 17, my skin developed a huge blood-filled cyst. After that, my skin began to get worse and worse, so I went to the dermatologist. The only thing she prescribed me was Accutane (I had never tried any other treatments prior to this) and I felt pressured to try it.

It made my already bad cystic acne into extremely severe cystic acne, but a few months later it did eventually clear me. I had to end a month or two early because of brain swelling, though.

After only a few months, my acne came back and then a year later I had the worst cystic acne of my life. The only thing that has helped was an antibiotic that a completely idiotic doctor prescribed, saying it was safe for long-term use. It worked perfectly and 100% of my severe cystic acne was gone.

I eventually became resistant to the antibiotic, though, and some very severe side-effects began to happen from stopping the drug. Now, if I have a bug-bite or a blister, it would become infected and leave strange lumps under the skin. I have had a UTI (or something) that has caused a lump/tumour inside my urethra for a few months and won't go away. I had a respiratory infection in Japan that went away for a couple years, but now has come back suddenly because of the antibiotic. 

Apart from those issues, my acne began to  come back as well, but then I discovered a supplement called 'Niacin'. It completely got rid of my acne and I soon learned to love the flush. Unfortunately, those effects were temporary, and after a month of using Niacin my acne has now come back.

I now have dry skin, ONLY nodule and cystic acne on my cheeks (meaning no whiteheads or pustules at all), and an array of other issues.

Please help me find the root cause of my acne and some suggestions. I can't take birth-control due to stroke issues that I also seemed to have on Accutane. My next step was to buy Dan's Regimen or Spironolactone and Guggul, candida probiotics, and vitamin supplements.

Here are some photos from when my acne came back after Accutane:

IMG_2593.PNGIMG_2594.PNGIMG_2595.PNGIMG_2596.PNG

MemberMember
(@westcoast82)

Posted : 10/05/2017 6:38 am

My first advise is to take a step back and realize your acne should never take priority over your acne. I know dealing with skin problems seems like a nightmare, but it will come to an end. However, if you wreck your body, you will be creating more problems and therefore more acne. I would speak with your doctor or dermatologist about stopping ALL medications and supplements, doing a full blood panel to detect if there's any underlying illnesses, and examine your diet. You may be allergic/intolerant to a food you're consuming (many people can't tolerate dairy, or other food). Lastly, focus on stressing a little less. I truly hate what you're going through, but try to put your health first and you may see better results with your face. You should work with one doctor you can trust completely and let them guide you in the right direction. Best of luck!!

MemberMember
(@nomsies)

Posted : 10/20/2017 11:22 am

On 2017-10-05 at 4:38 AM, WestCoast82 said:

My first advise is to take a step back and realize your acne should never take priority over your acne. I know dealing with skin problems seems like a nightmare, but it will come to an end. However, if you wreck your body, you will be creating more problems and therefore more acne. I would speak with your doctor or dermatologist about stopping ALL medications and supplements, doing a full blood panel to detect if there's any underlying illnesses, and examine your diet. You may be allergic/intolerant to a food you're consuming (many people can't tolerate dairy, or other food). Lastly, focus on stressing a little less. I truly hate what you're going through, but try to put your health first and you may see better results with your face. You should work with one doctor you can trust completely and let them guide you in the right direction. Best of luck!!

Thank you. It's so tough being a young adult woman with acne. I see all these other girls my age with perfect skin and NEVER see people with cysts like mine. I once went to a holistic doctor and he said I was sensitive to all yeast, bread, potato, yam, sugar, beer and a little to dairy. I wonder if it's candida but I can't exactly do a candida/no dairy diet as a vegetarian...

MemberMember
(@westcoast82)

Posted : 10/30/2017 6:07 am

On 10/20/2017 at 0:22 PM, Brodeigh said:
On 10/5/2017 at 7:38 AM, WestCoast82 said:

Thank you. It's so tough being a young adult woman with acne. I see all these other girls my age with perfect skin and NEVER see people with cysts like mine. I once went to a holistic doctor and he said I was sensitive to all yeast, bread, potato, yam, sugar, beer and a little to dairy. I wonder if it's candida but I can't exactly do a candida/no dairy diet as a vegetarian...

Trust me I completely understand. Nobody is perfect and I promise no one is critiquing your skin the way you are. Have you tried a high-fat, low-carb diet? Many people don't digest grains well down function better consuming more fat. Higher fat diets also tend to work better for skin problems and disorders. I you're able  find some resolution! Things will get better :)