Notifications
Clear all

Accutane month and a half progress

MemberMember
(@jasmine222)

Posted : 10/04/2017 8:59 pm

Hi everyone,
I am tired talking about accutane with people who have no idea what it is or what it is like so I decided to start a forum here for anyone taking it currently or thinking about it, hope my experience can help you. I would also like to see the progress I make through out my treatment. I broke out out of nowhere around may- end of June and it got really bad couple months later even though I tried all kinds of antibiotics, new birth control, tactupump- you name it. You can imagine how hopeless I became as I could do nothing to improve my face.. and I even cut out dairy and all kinds of food and was even in a raw diet at one point. Pretty awful not eating cheese :(. Anyways, I was excited and nervous to go on accutane but I have made sure to go to the gym 3-4 times a week and keep busy while on it and not overthink too much. When I first starting taking it my skin got more oily for like two weeks which is weird as it supposed to dry you out but around 3 weeks I felt the dryness and my lips definitely got more dry and even started hurting regardless of how much lip balm I put on- it stopped when I bought aquaphor! That really is God sent to accutane users as many blogs mentioned on here :). Anyways the dose doctor put me on is 40mg everyday for a month and now for month two she put me on 2 40mg one day and 1 40mg alternate day.. so approx 60mg everyday for a month.  I Definitely broke out the first month a lot but luckily it subsided and got better and the breakouts were not as bad as I was used to! Month two first couple weeks I didn't break out but randomly now I broke out a bit but it seems to be going away. I'm going to add pics before accutane and the first month of accutane progress. Obviously the pictures with less be are my progress pics! I'm glad my forehead cleared up but my right cheek still breaking them :/.. and I find it hard not to pick at them tbh..IMG_6362.JPG

Facts: I'm 22 female, university student,110 pounds 5'2 

IMG_6021.JPG

IMG_6361.JPG

IMG_6556.JPG

IMG_7109.PNG

IMG_7110.PNG

IMG_7111.PNG

MemberMember
(@sophier99)

Posted : 10/05/2017 11:05 am

Hi Jasmine,

I am starting Accutane in a couple days. Is this initial breakout pretty bad and how long does it take to clear? Everyone keeps saying your skin purges and I am a little scared.

Is the last pic of your forehead from the Accutane breakout or was this before?

Thanks.

MemberMember
(@leikermarco1)

Posted : 10/05/2017 12:18 pm

I just started my 4th month sadly my face is still breaking out no idea why any ideas why this is still happening? my back is completely clear now

MemberMember
(@juwalker)

Posted : 10/07/2017 1:18 pm

Yes it's normal to be breaking out still. Everyone is different to some extent but not at all unusual at this stage to be breaking out. Some people don't clear up until near end of course. Keep positive and busy.

MemberMember
(@thomas-deven)

Posted : 10/08/2017 3:36 am

On 10/5/2017 at 5:05 PM, sophier99 said:

Hi Jasmine,

I am starting Accutane in a couple days. Is this initial breakout pretty bad and how long does it take to clear? Everyone keeps saying your skin purges and I am a little scared.

Is the last pic of your forehead from the Accutane breakout or was this before?

Thanks.

I have seen some people say that if your acne is getting worse when you go on accutane then you will get a bad initial breakout, If your acne is bad and there are very obvious areas of activity you are likely to get an initial breakout, if your skin is getting better and there is very little activity when you start you are less likely to get an initial breakout.

However some people do improve immediately from the start and never experience an initial breakout, its all depended on the person. But don't let it get you down! You should almost be excited that this may be the last time you ever have a breakout.

Juwalker liked
MemberMember
(@jollyhohnson)

Posted : 10/10/2017 4:17 pm

I'm at the end of my third month and I'm still breaking out, though a lot less than before. My initial breakout lasted a couple of months. It just takes some people a bit longer.

Juwalker liked