Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joe1066

Sensitive oily skin, in need of a moisturiser

Hi everyone,

I am  desperate need of a 
sensitive moisturizer that delivers good hydration but also mattifies upon application. Is there anything of the sort?

story to follow...

Im in desperate need of some help. I need a moisturizer that helps to mattify my skin upon
application and helps keep my oil at bay. I have extremely sensitive skin and anything such as a perfum will lead to redness and tightness of the skin.  Acne is not really the issue anymore, it's the oil, but when my skin gets irritated it's produces little spots.

I thought I'd share my regime with you lot to see if there's anything I am doing drastically wrong.

In the morning: I shower in warm but not too hot water. I use either an aveeno ultra calming facial foaming wash, or clearasil sensitive skin perfecting wash. Neither of them leave me with sensitive skin and seem to thoroughly clean me. After that I will pat my skin dry. My skin still looks shiny straight after washing, there is no excess oil at this point so I don't know if have naturally tight skin and it is becoming shiny in nature somehow?! 

After this his I use aveeno daily moisturising cream. This is so far the only moisturizer that makes my skin look and feel healthy, even slightly mattifies upon application but due to it being so thick it's not long before I start to get a great shine across my face. 

Nighttime: If my skin is free of spots I will use hydromol to wash and moisturizer (prescribed by a doctor). This is a vegetable wax that can be used as a soap substitute and as a moisturizer it doesn't give me spots, I'm using  it to try and repair my skin (from treatments I used when I was younger for serious acne).

sometimes I will just use the clearasil wash that I use on the morning instead if i feel need to. Again using the hydromol as a moisturizer.

To repeat:
I  am  desperate need of a
sensitive moisturizer that delivers good hydration but also mattifies upon application. Is there anything of the sort?

thanks in advance 

• Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes