Notifications
Clear all

Accutane- does this sound normal?

MemberMember
(@rims)

Posted : 10/04/2017 9:08 am

So I started accutane 20mg a month ago for mild but persistent acne, it was worst on my back.
Anyway it worked great for the first month most of my face is 100% acne free and my back is almost there as well.

The problem is that my forehead is breaking out worse than any breakout I've ever had, it just began 4-5 days ago and seems to keep getting worse.

Is it normal that one area suddenly gets way worse despite it working great everywhere else???

MemberMember
(@a-c-p)

Posted : 10/04/2017 10:26 am

Hey , I have been on accutane for almost 5 months now and let me tell you that the third month was my worst month EVER ... I was breaking out so bad , my forehead would be clear and on the next day I would wake up with 3 or more big angry pimples and just when I thought I was ok my skin would remind me that I was not . Just like you my skin got a lot better on the first month , It was not oily anymore and It was clearing up ... of course that only lasted about a  month because on my second month my face started breaking out like crazy ( it was not awful yet). On my third month my skin broke out even more and that´s when I started to feel very unhappy with my face and life in general ... I still have acne , yes, but my face looks better than It did on the 3rd month ... I´m no longer having big angry pimples in my forehead and I really believe It is getting better. 
What I want you to know (and what my derm told me ) is that sometimes, instead of breaking out bad on the first month , people have that big break out later on the course , in my case It was around month 3 ... so, don´t sweat it too much ok ? you´re on your second month , you still have a long way to go , It is normal to suddenly breakout on the 2nd month , it happens to a lot of people that go on accutane and It´s just a part of the treatment :) 
you will get better , I´m sure, just be  patient ok ? 
Good luck !

Juwalker and Rims liked
MemberMember
(@rims)

Posted : 10/04/2017 3:32 pm

A.C.P. That's good to hear thanks a lot!

A.C.P and Juwalker liked
MemberMember
(@juwalker)

Posted : 10/04/2017 4:47 pm

ACP is right in our experience. Month 3 was the worst so far. Just starting month 4. Still breaking out but can see the skin is starting to calm down. Lots of comedones have disappeared and the back is improving quicker than the face. Stick with it and be patient. All the best.

Rims and A.C.P liked