Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ZitsSuck21

Will I be able to eat sugar or fruit again?

So I have plenty of foods that trigger my skin, they have improved dramatically due to high dose vitamin c and lemon juice.

But sugar and fruit still breaks me out like crazy. I eat healthy, healthy fats, none glutinous grains, but can't enjoy anything sweet or I'll break out, even fruit! Anybody have this issue in the past, but they've since solved it with a certain supplement or anything? 

For me, usually what breaks me out is fruits with high glycemic index. Choose fruits that won't give you an insulin spike and you might have found your solution.

3 hours ago, Sedesin said:

For me, usually what breaks me out is fruits with high glycemic index. Choose fruits that won't give you an insulin spike and you might have found your solution.

Thanks to the reply but all fruit breaks me out, regardless of GI levels 

Berries are the only types of fruits that dont break me out. Also, eating them in less quantity also prevent me from breaking out.

On 08/10/2017 at 0:35 AM, Chloe123 said:

Berries are the only types of fruits that dont break me out. Also, eating them in less quantity also prevent me from breaking out.

Hey, forgot I can eat those actually, miss eating bananas and sugary shit in general though!

I am curious, how long is the time duration between eating the fruit, and the breakouts? Does it vary at all depending on what fruit?

If I eat a bit of fruit, anything sugary, even natural sugars, my skin begins to itch almost immediately, the amount of sugar/fruit consumed determining the severity of the breakout.

For fruit like bananas its only red little dots that appear the next day and are gone the day after. 
Breakouts are a bit worse with apples. Can't eat these things two days in a row.

Also have an issue with nuts, condiments, dairy. Vitamin c has helped my gluten sensitivity though

> only red little dots that appear the next day and are gone the day after.

That is not acne though... You have an alergic reaction is all...

Thats on

On 09/10/2017 at 7:12 PM, SwissTec said:

> only red little dots that appear the next day and are gone the day after.

That is not acne though... You have an alergic reaction is all...

Thats only for bananas though, apples caused cysts like sugar and chocolate does.

I posted my 1st post in this same section in the forum and it's called "finally cured"
I also don't eat any sugars, including fruit and no gluten.
I eat only berries because they are low GI and sometimes granny smith apples.
So I'm in the same boat as you....and I don't find it strange anymore that certain foods break me out.... Yes, it was not cool of nature to make me break out from good healthy products like whole wheat and fruits, but it is what it is.