Notifications
Clear all

Acne scars

MemberMember
(@mightyjo07)

Posted : 10/04/2017 5:38 am

Anyone could help me please i struggled in my whole life with this acne scars.

1507113300645951140348.jpg

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 11/03/2017 8:59 am

Any mods here? They can move this to the right forum so that she can get some good advice

MemberMember
(@skyesthelimit)

Posted : 11/23/2017 5:12 am

Best to really consult a dermatologist too. :) 

We can tell you things here which have worked personally for us but the results will not always be the same. Some that didn't work for us might work for you and vice versa. Best of luck!

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 11/24/2017 3:06 am

On 10/4/2017 at 3:38 AM, Mightyjo07 said:

Anyone could help me please i struggled in my whole life with this acne scars.

You mostly have medium-depth boxcars. Hard to treat? Yes. Impossible to treat? No. But it might take a long time, up to maybe 3 years. Moreover, you might need multiple treatments. In your case, subcision will be most effective IMO since you also exhibit scars that look tethered. Subcision would cut the fibrous bands that hold down the scars, leaving indentation. The whole point is to plump up the pits as much as possible from underneath by freeing up the scar bands and stimulating the collagen by doing so. You will most likely need filler as a spacer in order to prevent the same scars from binding back to the dermis. You will also benefit from RF microneedling that uses radiofrequency. Lastly, the prominent edges or borders around the scars can be smoothed out with either laser or TCA peel.

These are all typical treatment modalities used for boxcar scars, which you might or might not know already. Please always be informed by educating yourself before you seek professional treatment.