Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Whoa hang on. You said: "examined the fotos" Did you send photos to them online? If so, I would have to recommend and insist you physically see a dermatologist that can physically evaluate you and take a biopsy as well. 

If you start any treatments you are basically going in blind because you don't even know for sure how or why you have that. Some of those treatments can potentially make you look much worse if you're treating for the wrong thing. There's no doubt it can be scar tissue, but it's still best to double check and even figure out what caused it or what type of scarring you have and what can be done about it.

Then when getting evaluated you can ask questions about whether you can try a specific treatment such as:

1. Lasers
2. Microneedling/Dermarolling
3. Dermabrasion
4. Subcision
5. Scar Revision

and so on.

Feel free to stop back here as soon as you get that biopsy. I'm sure there are plenty of people here willing to help you go about your treatment options and getting started.

On 10/5/2017 at 3:47 AM, Tano1 said:

Whoa hang on. You said: "examined the fotos" Did you send photos to them online? If so, I would have to recommend and insist you physically see a dermatologist that can physically evaluate you and take a biopsy as well. 

If you start any treatments you are basically going in blind because you don't even know for sure how or why you have that. Some of those treatments can potentially make you look much worse if you're treating for the wrong thing. There's no doubt it can be scar tissue, but it's still best to double check and even figure out what caused it or what type of scarring you have and what can be done about it.

Then when getting evaluated you can ask questions about whether you can try a specific treatment such as:

1. Lasers
2. Microneedling/Dermarolling
3. Dermabrasion
4. Subcision
5. Scar Revision

and so on.

Feel free to stop back here as soon as you get that biopsy. I'm sure there are plenty of people here willing to help you go about your treatment options and getting started.

Edited by Boruto

4 hours ago, Boruto said:
Hi the dermatologist over here are inept they can't tell me what it is and only want to do a biopsy when it is exposed. It took 3 of them to consult each other and in the end gave me a oh it's just inflammatory problem. 

However I went to see another dermatologist privately and he agrees with the assessment of the dermatologist and the cosmetic surgeon that saw the fotos and came to the conclusion that it is indeed scar tissue on my face.

Told me a laser resurfacing would thin the scar tissue.
Any alternatives I would be happy to hear. 
Don't see why they wouldn't just give you a biopsy to make sure, but if you're fine with what the other private dermatologist then I'd say you might as well conclude it's scar tissue.

Laser resurfacing is actually a good treatment plan, but I'll warn you to make sure to go to a dermatologist that's experienced with such lasers. The treatment could backfire in the wrong hands and leave you worse off. Make sure to research which laser treatment you should seek out because there's different ones.

You can also try dermapen needling with 1mm size needles. If you did want to try it make sure you research the proper way to use a dermapen so you know how to needle. You can find dermapens online. I recommend starting with a 1mm and if you see good progress, then I recommend just sticking with the 1mm. If it looks like you see some improvement but not enough to make a difference, then you can give 1.5mm a try but definitely do not start out with this size and don't go any higher than that. give it at least 7 days between each treatment but I recommend 10-12 days. It will take some time to see results but there have been dramatic improvements from using this treatment. You can also get a numbing cream to put on your face before you do the needling treatment so it doesn't hurt. I'll give you the steps now in case you decide to go this route.

1. Wash and clean your hands.
2. Clean your skin with a cleanser 
3. Apply numbing cream and leave on for 15-25 minutes.
4. Sanitize your needles!
5. Begin treatment going up and down as well as side to side and diagonally on your skin. Do not stay in one spot for more than 2 seconds and repeat all the movements for an area 4-5 times which should take around 2-4 minutes and then move on to the next area. Do NOT ever use anything bigger than a 1mm for NORMAL facial skin that is not scarred.
6. After you have finished the treatment, apply hyaluronic acid immediately and let it get absorbed into the wounds.
7. Avoid skin products, water, sweating, and sunlight for 24 hours post-treatment. If you need to go out then wear sunblock.

Do not ever treat an area with active acne. Go around it. Do not forget that this takes some time but it has shown great results in many people. Temporary plumping of the skin can occur as well as bleeding. When the numbing cream wears off, your face may burn, hurt, or feel a little sore, but nothing unbearable.

Although scar revision is an option, I won't even recommend it. Either the laser treatments or needling is the road I would take.

On 10/6/2017 at 7:26 AM, Tano1 said:
Don't see why they wouldn't just give you a biopsy to make sure, but if you're fine with what the other private dermatologist then I'd say you might as well conclude it's scar tissue.

Laser resurfacing is actually a good treatment plan, but I'll warn you to make sure to go to a dermatologist that's experienced with such lasers. The treatment could backfire in the wrong hands and leave you worse off. Make sure to research which laser treatment you should seek out because there's different ones.

You can also try dermapen needling with 1mm size needles. If you did want to try it make sure you research the proper way to use a dermapen so you know how to needle. You can find dermapens online. I recommend starting with a 1mm and if you see good progress, then I recommend just sticking with the 1mm. If it looks like you see some improvement but not enough to make a difference, then you can give 1.5mm a try but definitely do not start out with this size and don't go any higher than that. give it at least 7 days between each treatment but I recommend 10-12 days. It will take some time to see results but there have been dramatic improvements from using this treatment. You can also get a numbing cream to put on your face before you do the needling treatment so it doesn't hurt. I'll give you the steps now in case you decide to go this route.

1. Wash and clean your hands.
2. Clean your skin with a cleanser 
3. Apply numbing cream and leave on for 15-25 minutes.
4. Sanitize your needles!
5. Begin treatment going up and down as well as side to side and diagonally on your skin. Do not stay in one spot for more than 2 seconds and repeat all the movements for an area 4-5 times which should take around 2-4 minutes and then move on to the next area. Do NOT ever use anything bigger than a 1mm for NORMAL facial skin that is not scarred.
6. After you have finished the treatment, apply hyaluronic acid immediately and let it get absorbed into the wounds.
7. Avoid skin products, water, sweating, and sunlight for 24 hours post-treatment. If you need to go out then wear sunblock.

Do not ever treat an area with active acne. Go around it. Do not forget that this takes some time but it has shown great results in many people. Temporary plumping of the skin can occur as well as bleeding. When the numbing cream wears off, your face may burn, hurt, or feel a little sore, but nothing unbearable.

Although scar revision is an option, I won't even recommend it. Either the laser treatments or needling is the road I would take.
Edited by Boruto

56 minutes ago, Boruto said:

Hi friend trying to find a trusted surgeon to either perform dermabrasion or laser resurfacing I have yet to really decide I've heard some horror stories with regards to laser and I also have ethnic skin so... In the meantime could you please link me to a derma pen 1mm. Thank you.

I understand. It is absolutely essential that you research before deciding who to go to so you're taking the right approach.

This is where I bought my DermaPen from and they're trusted so I can only recommend them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dr-Pen-Derma-Pen-Ultima-A6-Rechargable-Micro-Needle-System-Adjustable-0-25-2-5mm-/142264979915?hash=item211fa751cb:g:MZMAAOSwY0lXTaUb

That specific DermaPen is one of the newer ones that allows you to adjust the needle depth as well as go wireless. I think you'll be fine with 12 needles and can always buy different pins should you want to try out others later. I recommend starting with 12 pin needles. There are cheaper DermaPens from the same seller who are pretty similar if you want to search for one to fit your budget. I don't throw out my pin after one use and I leave it in alcohol for 30 minutes before and after each use. I do throw them away after 3-4 uses though and replace. Don't over-treat an area. I recommend going up and down, left and right, and diagonally in any area until the point of erythema which is a reddened surface. Bleeding can occur and it's fine.

They ship internationally from China so just give it some time. Refunds and replacements are offered if necessary. 14 day return policy if it just happens to be defective so you can receive a replacement. 60 day money back if you don't like it either so that's good (just don't break it during that time.) The only con about that is you would have to pay return shipping. 

Wish you the best of luck! Let me know if you have anymore questions.

On 10/13/2017 at 11:08 PM, Tano1 said:

I understand. It is absolutely essential that you research before deciding who to go to so you're taking the right approach.

This is where I bought my DermaPen from and they're trusted so I can only recommend them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dr-Pen-Derma-Pen-Ultima-A6-Rechargable-Micro-Needle-System-Adjustable-0-25-2-5mm-/142264979915?hash=item211fa751cb:g:MZMAAOSwY0lXTaUb

That specific DermaPen is one of the newer ones that allows you to adjust the needle depth as well as go wireless. I think you'll be fine with 12 needles and can always buy different pins should you want to try out others later. I recommend starting with 12 pin needles. There are cheaper DermaPens from the same seller who are pretty similar if you want to search for one to fit your budget. I don't throw out my pin after one use and I leave it in alcohol for 30 minutes before and after each use. I do throw them away after 3-4 uses though and replace. Don't over-treat an area. I recommend going up and down, left and right, and diagonally in any area until the point of erythema which is a reddened surface. Bleeding can occur and it's fine.

They ship internationally from China so just give it some time. Refunds and replacements are offered if necessary. 14 day return policy if it just happens to be defective so you can receive a replacement. 60 day money back if you don't like it either so that's good (just don't break it during that time.) The only con about that is you would have to pay return shipping. 

Wish you the best of luck! Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Edited by Boruto

4 hours ago, Boruto said:

Hey buddy thank you for your response and advice I really appreciate it, I didn't see your post until after I purchased this dermapen from amazon:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06WP7G3V8/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_Aby4zb5ZW5006

What are you thoughts on dermaplating? The problem sucks because I have a brown complexion ethnic and the treatments apparently are not ideal for my skin type and there are so many lasers resurfacing I just don't know where to start, the consultations start around  200 and at this moment because of the severity of my issue I have had to drop out of college and my job, it's not feasible at all for me to get advice from cosmetic surgeons given the money I will have to spend just to get their opinion or even find a credible one who won't potentially botch the procedure. 

I feel in the end my best bet will be laser resurfacing I've spoken to a doctor in the states who is a family friend and I'm waiting to hear back from him so in the mean time I'm hoping the derma pen can help make a difference by breaking the hard scar tissue, I legitimately have never seen anyone in life or online with these symptoms I wish someone had this problem so I can take into account the procedure they used to find a solution. The dermatologist I saw couldn't even agree on what it was between them and didn't even want to take a biopsy because in its current state it was sitting below the skin only when it is exposed...

Like I can't feel the hardness and tightness of it just because it's not as visible to them... It's pretty much distorted my face. 

Given the fact that it is been on my face for many years it's fairly obvious it is scar tissue and I don't feel like a biopsy is necessary given the fact it'll leave a scar. 

Apologies I went on a tangent.

As long as they deliver as promised that DermaPen will do just fine. It can be adjusted up to 2mm which is great because you shouldn't go higher than that anyway. Remember to start either at 1mm or 1.5mm and stick to that for 2 to even 3 months before experimenting with a 2mm. I think you may be able to start at a 1.5mm even if you wish to do so since it looks like scarring. I really just don't feel comfortable giving you this advice though without you getting a biopsy. I just don't understand how the skin condition you have just popped up out of nowhere. If possible, I still think you should find someone who is willing to take the biopsy from that darker colored area at least. It's up to you how you wish to proceed in the end.

Do you mean dermaplaning? Absolutely won't even consider that. I believe they shave the surface of the skin off with that treatment method. If it really is scarring that you're dealing with, then your issue lies within the dermis. They shave the surface of the skin which means they more than likely will only be dealing with the epidermal layer. A great way to remove dead skin, little bumps, very mild acne scarring. Other than that, you will need something that can penetrate into the dermis. Dermaplaning can't do that either because it can cause an entire large area to be injured in the very layer that causes scars in the first place. When there's such a large gap in the dermis, it will put the body into overdrive and cause it to panic immediately prompting lots of white blood cells to rush up to the area to begin fighting off bacteria/infection and repairing it. Too much in fact that excessive collagen production ensues and begins overwhelming the gap it wants to fill to protect you that it results in a hypertrophic scar or even worsens to a keloid scar. That's why micro-wounding is so great. It can break up scar tissue and promote new healthier collagen formation because the body doesn't need to panic with such small wounds. Basically it can relax and take its time with the collagen formation. 

On 10/14/2017 at 9:43 AM, Tano1 said:

As long as they deliver as promised that DermaPen will do just fine. It can be adjusted up to 2mm which is great because you shouldn't go higher than that anyway. Remember to start either at 1mm or 1.5mm and stick to that for 2 to even 3 months before experimenting with a 2mm. I think you may be able to start at a 1.5mm even if you wish to do so since it looks like scarring. I really just don't feel comfortable giving you this advice though without you getting a biopsy. I just don't understand how the skin condition you have just popped up out of nowhere. If possible, I still think you should find someone who is willing to take the biopsy from that darker colored area at least. It's up to you how you wish to proceed in the end.

Do you mean dermaplaning? Absolutely won't even consider that. I believe they shave the surface of the skin off with that treatment method. If it really is scarring that you're dealing with, then your issue lies within the dermis. They shave the surface of the skin which means they more than likely will only be dealing with the epidermal layer. A great way to remove dead skin, little bumps, very mild acne scarring. Other than that, you will need something that can penetrate into the dermis. Dermaplaning can't do that either because it can cause an entire large area to be injured in the very layer that causes scars in the first place. When there's such a large gap in the dermis, it will put the body into overdrive and cause it to panic immediately prompting lots of white blood cells to rush up to the area to begin fighting off bacteria/infection and repairing it. Too much in fact that excessive collagen production ensues and begins overwhelming the gap it wants to fill to protect you that it results in a hypertrophic scar or even worsens to a keloid scar. That's why micro-wounding is so great. It can break up scar tissue and promote new healthier collagen formation because the body doesn't need to panic with such small wounds. Basically it can relax and take its time with the collagen formation.

Edit. 

Edited by Boruto

2 hours ago, Boruto said:

In terms of getting this issue it didn't come to existence on its own, there was a chain of events, I got a major breakout or an infection and well it seems like the body went into healing mode and I panicked used certain methods to speed up the healing and thus the development of scar tissue and I've had this for a few years since.

Now that information makes a ton of difference. I was under the understanding that it had just appeared out of nowhere without warning. Yes the biopsy would've given you a new scar, but you already had a scar to begin with and it would've been a small one. Knowing that information you stated above makes it a lot easier to say you don't need a biopsy. I'm sorry I must've missed that. 

Yes you can go for dermabrasion, but I suggest you do that after a few months of needling. It's better to start repairing from the inside out. If you needle then the new collagen can begin forming from the dermis and perhaps you may not even need dermabrasion at all. I understand why you would want to do dermabrasion. 

2 hours ago, Boruto said:

hoping they can break the hard tissue however is there a possibility that the injured site could potentially heal with more scar tissue?

You never really get rid of a scar fully because it's just not possible right now. You need to achieve true skin regeneration to eradicate scars for good and there are researchers actually working to do just that now. 

Think of it like this: you are striving to improve the appearance and feel of your scar tissue through wounding. You have a lot of disorganized and messy collagen that formed in the dermal layer of your skin. So when you wound you can break up all that collagen and allow new collagen to form which can organize itself better since it only has tiny wounded gaps to fill from the needle pricks. You also help it heal better by applying a topical that can keep your skin moist from the inside which is fantastic  for collagen as well. You basically make the scar look way better and bearable. We are now closer to understanding how to finally regenerate skin in existing scar tissue. 

Look up wound regeneration with adipose fat. It takes wounding and hair follicles to produce adipocytes that can regenerate skin.