Notifications
Clear all

Microneedling "Rise skin problem"

MemberMember
(@frenchscar)

Posted : 10/02/2017 12:26 pm

I use microneedling and i observe that my skin is now elevated,i don't speak about the scar but the healthy skin around it

is it a side effect ?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/02/2017 2:04 pm

Your gonna get swelling and after 7 days any after effects should be gone.i dont like at home needling as it makes my skin worse,never tried pro needling though.
:)

MemberMember
(@urbanite)

Posted : 10/02/2017 7:35 pm

Yep, that's EXACTLY what happened to me so it made a bad situation worse and to add insult to injury the depressions/scars are darker than before, while the healthy skin is back to normal.

I will never microneedle again!

MemberMember
(@frenchscar)

Posted : 10/03/2017 12:31 am

10 hours ago, Quadboy said:

Your gonna get swelling and after 7 days any after effects should be gone.i dont like at home needling as it makes my skin worse,never tried pro needling though.
:)

No i don't think about this
is like i have hypertrophic scar tissue with microneedling

MemberMember
(@frenchscar)

Posted : 10/03/2017 2:57 am

7 hours ago, Urbanite said:
Yep, that's EXACTLY what happened to me so it made a bad situation worse and to add insult to injury the depressions/scars are darker than before, while the healthy skin is back to normal.

I will never microneedle again!

Hyperpigmentation is normal after needling,after 2 week it become normal

MemberMember
(@urbanite)

Posted : 10/03/2017 4:31 pm

^Except it's been 5 weeks. The normal skin returned to normal. The scars are still dark.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/03/2017 6:39 pm

Even tca peel can effect scar and make rhem look different.needling made my texture worse,it made my scars look worse also,ontop that my skin was swollen,red and hurt.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 10/04/2017 12:31 pm

Some people are more sensitive than others and take a long time to heal (they may need steroids), especially darker skin colors. We discussed how men can use medical makeup like dermablend or a concealer / tinted moisturizer to cover wounds after procedures. We discussed how one uses retin a and a product like hydroquinone (in all the journals for this) or any skin whitening formula like konjic and Albutin. The skin swells after procedures, this is the bodys way of healing itself. Scars can get red, they are already not normal tissues by definition. Laser is the best way to deal with the reds quickly V-beam, 1064nm, IPL, Excel V are various options. Scars will get red if they are fat deficient or lack proper pigment / skin structures during remodeling / healing.

MemberMember
(@tano1)

Posted : 10/04/2017 5:27 pm

What a lot of people don't realize is that micro-needling needs to be researched and understood well first before even attempting any treatment with it. Although you can dermaroll at home, you should first research how to roll and what size needles to use depending on your condition/scarring etc...

People have claimed it doesn't work but never take into account that they were using .2mm needles on acne scarring or worse. If the needle is too small then you won't get enough penetration for improvement and new collagen to form. If the needle size is too big then you end up worse. They also need to take into account of how often they should be needling which varies again depending on the needle size. If you needle too much then you're not allowing the wound enough time to regenerate which can then result in a more undesirable result. The skin regenerates roughly every 25-30 days with smaller wounds regenerating a little faster than that.

.2mm and .5mm can be used to maintain already healthy skin as well as provide better absorption of any topicals you may use. Can be used twice a week.

1mm and 1.5mm can be used for certain scarring that can be researched online. Can be used only ONCE a month.

Anything higher than 1.5mm would be for deep scarring and I wouldn't even try at home treatments, but instead look for a dermatologist that has experience in microneedling/dermarolling.

I've read good reviews on the dermapen which is replacing dermarolling now so it may be worth looking into. The pen penetrates straight down into the skin where as with dermarolling the needle is moving inside the skin which can be bad news if it's too deep.

There are always other treatments as well, but I've had good experiences with needling.