Notifications
Clear all

smiles, smirks, laughing

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 10/02/2017 6:31 am

has any one else experienced (mocking) smiles, smirks or slight laughing from people for the way you look/skin?

something which ive experienced many times mainly from random people in the street / shops etc.. for me its mainly from the opposite sex.. women. sometimes from couples but very rarely from men or groups of men.

im not saying everyone does it to me but when it does happen, its very depressing, draining and i dwell on it for quite some time.

anyone else experience this?

- - -
i did think long and hard about it and come to the conclusion that an an unattractive guy(me), looking at certain women or even glancing at them would be interpreted as "hey, im attracted to you" resulting in bad body language/response .. or my other theory is that im just ugly/goofy looking.

also i am becoming very conscious of eye contact and how lack of confidence (myself) results in not being able to make eye contact up close but feel ok with it from a distance - which is not normal (eye contact in the street = bad).

MemberMember
(@jwalk)

Posted : 10/02/2017 7:48 am

Yes this happened to me all the time - primarily groups of girls and young women. Occasionally they'd make a comment about my appearance. It's infuriating as there is nothing you can say to them without seeming unreasonable. To them it's just a "one off" event - it's nothing, but to me it was happening every other day whenever I left the house. It's impossible to effectively "fight back" in that situation and it's one of many things I've found difficult to articulate.

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 10/02/2017 8:15 am

Yeah, this happens sometimes, group of young girls, generally, who think they are superior to others just because they are good looking, so unfair but nothing can be done really. I hope one day they will understand how much that thing affects the other person.

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 10/02/2017 8:50 am

1 hour ago, jwalk said:

To them it's just a "one off" event - it's nothing, but to me it was happening every other day whenever I left the house.

i totally agree.

- the joke is, im not even attracted to "beautiful" girls. alright, they will never date me but i know what they are like on the inside and that's a big turn off.

MemberMember
(@jwalk)

Posted : 10/02/2017 12:42 pm

3 hours ago, MrBakery said:

- the joke is, im not even attracted to "beautiful" girls. alright, they will never date me but i know what they are like on the inside and that's a big turn off. Edited 3 hours ago by MrBakery

I don't think you should judge people based on their appearance, because I know what its like to live with that. I often feel a bit sorry for "beautiful" women as our society can often demonise them as shallow and intellectually vapid. I used to work in recruitment and I remember some of my colleagues would often dismiss female candidates, who had performed well in the interview and were more than qualified for the position, simply because they thought they were too pretty. I don't know whether that was jealousy or just prejudice.

To be honest I've found that most people tend to grow up in to generally "decent" people at some point - not perfect, as no one is, but they develop a sense of empathy for others or at least some humility. Maybe when they start to lose what made them special, or life becomes harder than they thought it would be. Society also forces them to change their ways to an extent. Then they conveniently forgive themselves for how hey behaved when they were younger. You'd think they'd have to do some sort of penance, but they just get to treat people like garbage and then put it down to being young and stupid. They get to forget, but we don't.

MemberMember
(@rnacne)

Posted : 10/04/2017 6:02 pm

I'm a women with acne and I remember girls giving me a hard time for having acne. Adult women bullied me over acne when I was only 14. Many girls and women are mean nasty creatures. They are meaner than men in my experience.

Juwalker liked
MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 10/06/2017 7:07 am

I usually get this from fast food drive through cashier's. I can hear them through the window talking about my appearance. I try to give them slack since they work as in the fast food industry but honestly that shit gets annoying after a while i even avoided going to the same place due to the same cashier being there... its ridiculous i tell you!

Juwalker liked
MemberMember
(@wannabeactor)

Posted : 10/16/2017 6:40 pm

Hell yeah, even grown ass men would talk shit about my body acne and women would become so unapproachable :(  Very many people are so cruel and judgmental; bad enough they insult for basic things that are tough to but CAN be fixed (i.e. losing weight/gaining muscle) but it's a nightmare when being insulted/rejected for shit that's impossible (or damn near impossible) to fix (such as height, acne, race, endowment etc.)  People are assholes.