Notifications
Clear all

Subscision + CO2 laser for 500-600 euro (600-700 dollar)

MemberMember
(@frenchscar)

Posted : 10/01/2017 6:03 pm

How do you think ?
the price is normal ?
and with this,is it possible to completely fix acne scaring (i have rolling and box scar)

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 10/01/2017 7:49 pm

I would not do laser, we spoke about your skin type and that could be a issue. This price is good. Something better would be Infini RF or Vivance (less side effects,). See if they will do that.

MemberMember
(@frenchscar)

Posted : 10/02/2017 12:33 am

I found this a little expensive no ?
i would say that normally laser co2 is for 200 dollar and subcsision for 270 dollar si the total would be 470 ?

yes i Know,but my derma would use this 2 technique in the same Time and he wanted to prepare my skin before

-do you think that with this 2 technique i Will fix my scars and don't think about it anymore,if this is true,There is no problem i Will pay but if this is not the case and i have to pay more like 600 dollar more and 600 dollar more ect....

-the result Will be spectaculaire with this and Quick ?
i don't Know if i should to wait,i have see little improvement from needling (not spectacular but a little improvement)

sorry for all this question

MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 10/02/2017 3:02 am

2 hours ago, Frenchscar said:

i would say that normally laser co2 is for 200 dollar and subcsision for 270 dollar si the total would be 470 ?

yes i Know,but my derma would use this 2 technique in the same Time and he wanted to prepare my skin before

-do you that with this 2 technique i Will fix my scars and don't think about it anymore,if this is true,There is no problem i Will pay but if this is not the case and i have to pay more like 600 dollar more and 600 dollar more ect....

i don't Know if i should to wait,i have see little improvement from needling (not spectacular but a little improvement)

Who is your derm?

MemberMember
(@frenchscar)

Posted : 10/02/2017 7:08 am

4 hours ago, Noa27 said:
6 hours ago, Frenchscar said:

-do you that with this 2 technique i Will fix my scars and don't think about it anymore,if this is true,There is no problem i Will pay but if this is not the case and i have to pay more like 600 dollar more and 600 dollar more ect....

Who is your derm?

Dr Mayeux but he is from France (Paris)

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 10/02/2017 8:06 am

I would not be starting with CO2 laser, Your scar type you shared with me will not be fixed by this, if you want to give it a try go for it. You had a darker skin type prone to PIH and thus I suggested Infini which is safe.

There is no one and done treatment, instant as you call it. People get countless lasers (3 or more) and other treatments. It could widen your scars, (the boarders). so then you would do multiple treatments of subcision and laser.

CO2 can be a thousand dollars, so that very cheap. I am not a big fan of two procedures at once. The body heals better if there is time in between. Your easily looking at $2000 for treatment (going off your costs which seem low), as scars take multiple treatments. Subision you need 3 or more. I cannot say if it will be spectacular, I am not your doctor who is promising you this, I would keep him accountable for that promise. You get progressive improvement with each treatment.

MemberMember
(@frenchscar)

Posted : 10/02/2017 8:16 am

So for you Quick result don't exist ?
and i have to fight against scar during 3 years ?
neverthelesse with 1 subcsision i wiil see improvement or not ?
about 50% no ?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 10/02/2017 8:32 am

There is no "quick" shortcut.
Sure do one procedure you will see temporary swelling and think your fixed. It will go away as the skin stops swelling.
Every procedure gives you a percentage of improvement.
When I say 3 years, it is because most people do not have the down time to do treatments all the time, every month. This gives you time to arrange treatments.
You will see "some" improvement with one subcision, you need 4or more. No you won't get 50% off only one subcision.

MemberMember
(@sam)

Posted : 10/03/2017 5:12 am

I had Co2 (had it done free on NHS),it did nothing to help the deep acne severe scarring that I have.Even if I had 10 Co2 treatments,I don't think it would have got rid of the acne scars.

Co2 can only take half a mm of skin off in any one given treatment,going deeper risks further scarring.Co2 damages the dermis,needling doesn't.

Beautifulambition is right,there is no quick cure for acne scars.Needling can even take 3 years to see good results.

MemberMember
(@sam)

Posted : 10/03/2017 5:37 am

Read Raster's post about treating certain scars and lasers,about 3rd from bottom.

MemberMember
(@jacob-a)

Posted : 10/05/2017 8:30 am

On 03/10/2017 at 11:12 AM, Sam said:

I had Co2 (had it done free on NHS),it did nothing to help the deep acne severe scarring that I have.Even if I had 10 Co2 treatments,I don't think it would have got rid of the acne scars.

Co2 can only take half a mm of skin off in any one given treatment,going deeper risks further scarring.Co2 damages the dermis,needling doesn't.

Beautifulambition is right,there is no quick cure for acne scars.Needling can even take 3 years to see good results.

How do you get scar treatment on the NHS? every gp I've seen has told me I can only have private treatment. Even the NHS dermatologists said I was on my own.
If you got it I don't see why I couldn't have it done, as I'd say we have pretty bad scars.

MemberMember
(@sam)

Posted : 10/05/2017 4:08 pm

Every GP practice has a funding to help their patient get treatments done on the NHS,its was called Primary Care Trust (PCT) but finished in 2013.Your GP should have a funding,but like my GP,he lied to me.I told my Derm what my GP had said,who then wrote him a letter,and I ended up getting my treatment done on the NHS.

If they don't do scar treatment in your area,then you can still have it done in another town/city.Your GP practice will then pay for the treatment from the funding they get each year.

Contact NHS England and ask them about GP funding for helping their patients get treatment on the NHS.Don't take no for an answer,check every avenue bc they all lie.

Good luck.

MemberMember
(@yth)

Posted : 10/06/2017 5:21 am

You guys are lucky your insurance covers scar treatments, in the U.S. it isn't because it's considered "cosmetic", I'm sure it would be different if our government officials were underpaid and dealing with these kinds of problems themselves. -_-