Notifications
Clear all

Acne journey please help

MemberMember
(@acnescarsgone)

Posted : 10/01/2017 4:20 pm

Hi all
so have suffered with acne since being 14 now 23 and it's come back fighting I have been on antibiotics and adapelene for around 3 months now! However I have had this giant wound on my face for nearly a month it's scanned over and I have rubbed the scab off many time from washing my face so I am now leaving my face alone . I'm so scared using nothing will give me more breakouts and meaning more scabs . However this has been day 1 of me not touching the wound I will post some pictures tomorrow of the unslightly thing! However I will update daily with the healing and maybe just to keep my mind occupied from the awful thing. I am a picker and hate myself for it so now I'm certain I will stop I have to do I don't feel like this again!!! So day one has been a success please if anyone has any tips or remedies or advise or in a similar situation let's do his journey together

Juwalker liked
MemberMember
(@acnescarsgone)

Posted : 10/02/2017 11:32 am

Day two of the awful slightly scab thing on my face well it's dried up good and proper so hopefully this is a sign of healing. I am reframing from looking in any kind of mirror and just washing my face with plain soap and water. However I'm hoping it'll start to flake off tomorrow want it gone by the weekend as it's my engagement party here's hoping! The journey to clear skin has just begun and my no picking has also like said previously I will keep posting daily on how it's healing and what I'm using. But please if anyone has any tips or even been through or going through similar post !

MemberMember
(@acnescarsgone)

Posted : 10/03/2017 1:58 am

Update morning of day three the scab thing is peeking at the edges I'm refraining from pulling it off so washed my face told myself noooooo! Then applied mineral make up I'm going to go gym after work and keep busy so I'm not obsessing let's see what today brings I'll update again later!

MemberMember
(@acnescarsgone)

Posted : 10/03/2017 4:47 pm

Update scab has come off and underneath is pink shiny skin anyone have any tips to get rid of the pink skin

Juwalker liked
MemberMember
(@juwalker)

Posted : 10/03/2017 5:05 pm

I would just leave it alone. Don't touch it. Just give it time to heal. You don't want to make it worse.

MemberMember
(@acnescarsgone)

Posted : 10/04/2017 2:40 am

Day 4 the pink skin is still pink just putting moisteriser on the pink skin as it still looks dry in places other than that leaving it alone hopefully in a few more days it starts to look better but at least it's not a giant scab !!!

Juwalker liked
MemberMember
(@acnescarsgone)

Posted : 10/05/2017 4:00 pm

Day 5 the pink skin looks a little less pink still kinda dry and doesn't look like my normal skin so let's see what tomorrow brings

Juwalker liked
MemberMember
(@acnescarsgone)

Posted : 10/06/2017 2:19 am

Update this morning it's looking a little better but I have a under the skin spot near the area Leaving it alone I'll update after the weekend !!!

MemberMember
(@fiannajoseph)

Posted : 10/06/2017 4:33 am

It seems like you are suffering with acne for more than 9 years but none of the products which you have used is not provided you with the better results. So I will suggest you to go with products in amazon because they will deliver better results until you take a proper treatment acne wont easily let you go. Do face wash regularly twice a day and dot rub your often which will avoid spreading of acne's over your face.

MemberMember
(@acnescarsgone)

Posted : 10/09/2017 4:05 pm

Update my skin has now healed goes to show one week of healing means beautiful skin

Juwalker liked
MemberMember
(@juwalker)

Posted : 10/09/2017 6:39 pm

Great news.;D

MemberMember
(@jayme9744)

Posted : 10/10/2017 6:56 am

, im not an expert on this but i just wanna share my experience on what i did.Here is the list of things that did to have clear skin , everybody is different tho so i cant guarantee it will work for every one , but why not give it shot :)Mind my grammar :)Here are the list :1.Stop being obsessed or stressed about your acne , it will actually make things worse and I also actually believed that Mental health and acne has some sort of correlation.2.Stop looking in the mirror all the time, By not looking in the mirror all the time , you wont be obsessing how many spots you have.You will much happier trust me :).Put your time on other things that is more important !.3.Stop picking/ touching your skin. this will only make your acne worse by spreading bacteria and gunk to your skin and causing scarring.You will see a big difference from not touching.4.Change the way you sleep , especially your head position. Don't face your cheeks directly on your pillow this will only make things worse. Your skin needs to breathe !!5.Change your pillow case at least once a week6.Drink at least a gallon of water a day which is equivalent to 3 liters of water. By doing this on a regular basis , u will be constantly flushing out toxins , oil and junk out of your body. Urinating frequently is a good sign.7.Watched out for your diet , especially foods that contains allergens.1.Milk2.Eggs3.Fish (e.g., bass, flounder, cod)4.Crustacean shellfish (e.g., crab, lobster, shrimp)5.Tree nuts (e.g., almonds, walnuts, pecans)6.Peanuts7.Wheat8.Soybeans8.The way you washed your hair should be change , don't let the shampoo flow onto your face. Some shampoo's contains silicons and non comedogenic substance which will cause clogged pores. Instead try tilting your head down to wash your hair.9. Try to not to wash you face with cleansers , just water twice a day morning and night. By doing this your are not constantly stripping your acid mantle , which the mantle has a specific role to keep bad bacteria and harmful particles out.You could still used skin products after washing it with water but make sure that it is not harsh and does not contain any non comedogenic substance. Try more natural products10.Finally exfoliate your skin once a week , try investing on a cleansing brush as the process of removing the dead skin will be much faster. Try to avoid exfoliants with beads. After investing the cleansing brush use only water to exfoliate and not cleansersMy Basic skin routine -Mornings - Bathe and rinse my face with mild to cold waterNight - Bathe and rinse my face with mild to cold water and apply my favorite vitamin c serumOnce every week - i would apply a green tea maskOnce every week - exfoliate my face with a cleansing brush with no cleanser

MemberMember
(@skyesthelimit)

Posted : 10/18/2017 4:06 am

I'm concerned with the wound that you got. Did you get it from acne or something else? But good thing you didn't touch it as much as you did the first few days. It will just take time for your skin to heal on its own.