Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Frenchscar

subscision+here+?

This is a medical surgery.. Please do not attempt this at home. Find a qualified dr/ surgeon. You can cause infection, blindness, nerve damage, make your scars worse, and hurt yourself badly.  Just because we have knives in a kitchen ... does not mean we perform surgery on ourselves with one.

On 10/1/2017 at 2:05 AM, beautifulambition said:

This is a medical surgery.. Please do not attempt this at home. Find a qualified dr/ surgeon. You can cause infection, blindness, nerve damage, make your scars worse, and hurt yourself badly.  Just because we have knives in a kitchen ... does not mean we perform surgery on ourselves with one.

Thanks for this! 

not responsible for the third-party content posted on this website. Acne.org has no responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy, and appropriateness. We are not responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any user contributions posted by third party users of the website.

Just looking at a Youtube video... as for Russians, I always wanted to do my advanced tactical training with using their ways, but live fire with a 9 mm shooting 1 foot from each others head doesn't quite appeal to me, cause my testicular fortitude prevents this. 
Answer (don't do it). 

So what is the difference?...with respect ,oh yes,he's an expert in that field of work.

THE BIGGEST MISTAKE IN LIFE IS TRUSTING ANYONE.

and what drives me crazy is the answers of the doctors when someone asks them about safty of needling. If you ask is it safe, they will answer needling is 100% safe 

Microneedling on tethered scars is bad news.  It darkened them AND made them wider AND linked areas together. Don't do it, folks, except MAYBE after filling and/or subcision.

I was reading about subcision.  I read a complain when someone said it made the scar wider. Is this outcome common?   I understand that the doctor will insert the needle underneath the scar and will try to release it, and I can think of some areas where there is no actual

scar (around the scar being cut as well). Now, most of the doctors said you have to follow subcision with fillers or the scar will be depressed again. Does it mean when it gets depressed again will increase in size?? especially If have many scars next to each other? can they join and I end up with something worse?

I am just trying to see the big picture and try to understand the risks, Thank you.

First of all there is alot of fear and misinformation in this topic. You can get bad outcomes from anything including water. People goto real self to complain, not say how wonderful the treatment was. You need to take everything with a grain of salt. It's how you heal. Some people are sensitive. But if you don't want the down time, the redness, or anything else, you can simply do nothing for your scars and you will have no issues. In the scar revision world no pain no gain. Any of us after acid peels or whatever have long down time. It's part of treatment. We of course could do nothing and have no side effects or down time. Hyperpigmentation is one of the easiest problems to fix, you use the creams before and after, and possible steroids as well. There are lasers for this I mentioned above. This should be the least of your worries if you have pits all over your face. Throw some concealer or medical makeup on it, ... the body takes a long time to heal.

All the things that cause down time and some redness: Subcision, Acid Peels, Laser, Microneedling, Creams, Excision, Injections,... They all heal with time, the body has to heal itself. IT's a slow process. Often people treat over 3 years because they don't want the down time or the healing.

You will be red after RF microneedle, you do take time to heal, and it can take a few weeks, but it is very manageable, again you can wear some makeup if you wish, it's much less down time than laser. Red is the body repairing itself.

Microneedling with rf energy is what works on box cars. These are surface pits. OF course rolling scars doing infini on will do little. You need them to be wider! you have to bring up the boxcars somehow before you resurface with tca peels, otherwise you have pits. What do you think tca cross does, it brings up the bottom and widens the pit, so that eventually you can resurface with tca peels. 

Subcision will not make your scars wider, it releases the tethers, if you heal poorly that is your body. The only easy side effect is some get bumps after and they get them injected with steroid. They were prone to keloids / hematoma when they heal. 

If you worry about subcisions side effects, you could be paralyzed from misinformation and holding yourself back. Thousands have gotten subcision here. They do subcision in a much smaller scale when they do fillers on anyone's face. The negative aspect is so low its sad that this is a factor for you. Research all the others here who have done this. It's a hell of a lot safer than laser, this really does make your scars wider and potentially deeper from thermal damage with little improvement (it does not release the tethers first).  This is one of the least risky procedures you an do besides doing nothing.

You must use filler with subcision (unless you suction) to prevent retethering and have the same pit you had before, it acts as a spacer. I recommended this with subcision always. Suction you can do with a Chinese cupping (Amazon) several times a day, and it's much less predictable. If you have pits less than a pencil eraser in length you have to do suction method as they are do shallow.

If you have a fear speak to your doctor about it and have them assure you. They can always do a small area like one temple to test it out.

Thanks @beautifulambition, As you know the correction of acne scars takes effort and down-time and it wont result in more than 50 to 60% improvement, in the best scenarios, while a small side effect can result in a permanent scar. This what make me hesitant, But I schedled my appointment with the doctor anyway.

I was searching about my doctor, and he stated that he uses  sculptra or radiesse for deep scars, and Juvederm Ultra and Volbella  for shallow scars. NOw I read contradicted information about the first two types. WHat are your thoughts??

Edited by Scars_Hope