Notifications
Clear all

Is anyone nervous about starting treatments?

MemberMember
(@urbanite)

Posted : 09/28/2017 10:38 pm

I have to admit that while I want to improve my appearance, I'm worried about it making worse with treatments like subcision. I'm going to a respected doctor and will spend a good amount of money but I worry about something going wrong.

I had a bad experience with microneedling a test area that I swear is now worse.

I'm just getting cold feet.

MemberMember
(@horus)

Posted : 09/29/2017 9:30 am

I share your concerns with getting treatments. So far I have only done two sessions of microneedling and while I don't think it has made my scars worse. I have had some persistent redness on my temples. I'm not sure if they went too deep or if it was the topicals they applied or possibly my fault from some sun exposure. I have an appointment with Dr. Novick in a few weeks for subcision. But I too am getting cold feet. I'm worried about developing lumps or scarring or making the scars worse. That's the main reason I'll be traveling 8 hours to see Novick because from what I've read he seems to have tons of experience with subcision so I figure there's less chance of complications with someone of his experience. But nonetheless I am still nervous.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 09/29/2017 10:53 am

This is a very common procedure. Very little risk of something happening, ... depending on how you heal of course. They are just under the top of the skin, not even deep into the skin. I would say mole surgery from the derm is the same thing. Have no fears. If you do ask the doctor for a anti anxiety med and some pain pills, ...works with laser ;-P Think of it as a stronger microneedling (and most people don't find that risky).

Horus liked
MemberMember
(@keving100)

Posted : 09/29/2017 2:55 pm

5 hours ago, Horus said:

I share your concerns with getting treatments. So far I have only done two sessions of microneedling and while I don't think it has made my scars worse. I have had some persistent redness on my temples. I'm not sure if they went too deep or if it was the topicals they applied or possibly my fault from some sun exposure. I have an appointment with Dr. Novick in a few weeks for subcision. But I too am getting cold feet. I'm worried about developing lumps or scarring or making the scars worse. That's the main reason I'll be traveling 8 hours to see Novick because from what I've read he seems to have tons of experience with subcision so I figure there's less chance of complications with someone of his experience. But nonetheless I am still nervous.

If you are going to Novick, u should be excited about it, not nervous. He is great with subcision and filler.

ScarSucks and Horus liked
MemberMember
(@horus)

Posted : 09/29/2017 3:54 pm

@keving100 I am pretty excited but then I get nervous sometimes when I see people's stories of developing lumps that stick around for a long time. I just dont want to make things worse then they are now. Have you had subcision from Novick? And if so did you get good results? From my research he seems to be one of the best docs for subcision.

MemberMember
(@urbanite)

Posted : 09/30/2017 6:56 pm

I'm nervous. Procedures can go wrong and after all it's the face where there is no room for error. I have, based upon this forum, decided to go to Dr. Novick BUT my first visit with him will only be a consultation and then for about a month I will mull over his plan for me to determine if potential results will outweigh any potential risks.

MemberMember
(@sam)

Posted : 10/01/2017 6:08 am

I think we are all petrified of having any treatments done,bc every treatment comes with a risk.We have to understand,no matter how skilled a surgeon is,there's always a risk.

MemberMember
(@obi-wan)

Posted : 10/02/2017 5:15 am

Everyone SHOULD be nervous about entrusting their face to someone. I get nervous about going to a dentist and that is just my teeth. To entrust someone to treat my face is another level. I know there are risks involved with any type of surgery, laser, filler etc... and even the best doctors get side effects that are unavoidable - e.g. haematoma after subcsions. I think finding someone who is dedicated and passionate about their work is reassuring, equally as important as skill sets. Its a normal feeling....

MemberMember
(@malia02)

Posted : 10/02/2017 10:35 am

@Obi wan I wrote you a personal message. Please  check your inbox. Thanks:)