Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GSO

Seborreic Dermatitus

I have sebborreic dermatitus and I used hydrocortisone for the last couple years and it works ok but I have to reapply for a few days in a row before the redness subsides which usually lasts a few days until I am back at square on. About 6 months ago I got hydrocortisone in ointment form which is almost like vasoline. Using this once or sometimes twice over 2 days clears up my skin much more effectively with a lower dose of hydrocortisone. This makes sense because I see vasoline is used by many on its own, combined I get both benefits. It seems like it keeps my skin moist for at least 4 hours after applying (I can still see and feel the oinment after a couple hours) which isn't ideal always but it works much better than any of the other countless things I have tried. I am not sure if it's because of the anti fungal properties or that it keeps my face moist. I know after a shower or anytime my face drys out (winter and dry heat cause flares). I hope his helps someone out there, finding this treatment has been more more effective than anything else  have found in years.

• Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes