Notifications
Clear all

closed comedones - help me!

MemberMember
(@maria2001)

Posted : 09/28/2017 3:34 pm

Hi!
I have combination-sensetive skin. I have clogged pores on my forhea, chin, near the eyebrows, and on the cheeks (near the nose), I also have KP on my cheeks and arms (sucks). I really struggle with them, there're like tiny bumps, closed comedones under my skin.
I read that BHA's are good for this problem, which products do you recomended? My skin care routine now is:
1)remove makeup with oil
2) wash my face with low ph gentle cleanser
(I'll start to use DR BRONNER'S)
3)tone with ACV
4) moisturizer with oil
5) for pimples i use tea tree oil, scrub 2-3 per week and do clay masks 2-3 weekly.
In the morning i wash my face only with water or sometimes with hazel, and then moisurizer with SPF.
This routine helped me with my pimples but the bumps are always there, they won't go away!!! I want to try maybe Cosrx BHA power liquid. There's someone who tried it and it help him ? Any other recommendations?! Please help me.

MemberMember
(@jlopez)

Posted : 09/29/2017 3:35 am

Hi Maria,

Could I ask you what oil you are using for your makeup removal and moisturiser? It is very important that you are not using a pore clogging or irritating oil. I would also recommend you look into oils high in linoleic acid (such as grape seed and hemp) as these are the best for acne prone skin.

Not all oils are created equal - you should make sure that any oil your using on your skin is the best quality you can get. Cold-pressed, virgin, organic oils are best.

When you tone with ACV you must dilute it - straight apple cider vinegar is extremely acidic and much too drying for skin over time.

You should cut down on your facial scrubbing - scrubbing with any product that contains grains or beads can create tiny, microscopic cuts in your skin which in turn makes your skin more sensitive and prone to breakouts.

It sounds like the bumps might be a product of your over-exfoliation and harsh skincare routine. I would really recommend considering a gentler method. Please let me know if you have any questions, I would love to help if I can!