Notifications
Clear all

rolling scars - best treatment?

MemberMember
(@motherofms)

Posted : 09/28/2017 12:04 pm

I know many of us have tried many different treatment approaches seeking to improve our scars. What treatment has give you the biggest improvement to your rolling scars?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 09/29/2017 10:32 am

I would need to see a pic of your scars close up or paste a pic of scars closest to yours here. Or you can PM me the pic. There is no one size fits all in scars. Often subcision and filler helps, .... depends on the scars and other treatments with it.

MemberMember
(@motherofms)

Posted : 09/30/2017 2:29 am

15 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

I would need to see a pic of your scars close up or paste a pic of scars closest to yours here. Or you can PM me the pic. There is no one size fits all in scars. Often subcision with a nokor needle and filler helps, .... depends on the scars and other treatments with it.

Thanks, BA. Actually, I'm not looking for advice with this thread. I was just trying to start a conversation where individuals could share their personal experiences.

MemberMember
(@obi-wan)

Posted : 09/30/2017 4:50 pm

Pictures tell a thousand words. Good picture, animate, angle light it. This way we can see the degree of atrophy or tethering, and your ethnic skin type. Rolling scars are one of the harder scars to treat, but with correct methods, they can be improved. Sorry, just read the above post.... if that's the case, the answer lies from lasers including CO2 short PD, high energy if rolling with fibrosis, all the way to microneedling RF and subscision and anything in-between. Usually with rolling scars, there is some form of attachment, so this should be freed up. Individual experiences will not reflect what is best for you, as skin type skin colour and other factor will vary. Others can share their own experiences, as this would give some idea of treatments available to motherofms

MemberMember
(@candy-says)

Posted : 09/30/2017 5:54 pm

`

MemberMember
(@obi-wan)

Posted : 09/30/2017 8:48 pm

Deep ice pick scars. Deep and narrow, or shallow box car scars. 'Monomormorphic box car scarring' is a term used by some dermatologist whereby even thought these scars are extensive and evident, using erbium or CO2 almost 100% of these scars can be treated. Very rare to get monomorphic scars, as most people have mixed scars. But I think the narrow ice pick scars, even though they look bad, especially the deep ones, respond very predictably to TCA CROSS. I am not the World's authority on scar type, just my opinion based upon research. The same goes for shallow box car scars in fair skin types.

MemberMember
(@candy-says)

Posted : 09/30/2017 9:00 pm

`