Notifications
Clear all

Yasmin log for mild-moderate acne

MemberMember
(@kenshinhimura)

Posted : 09/28/2017 2:08 am

After being severely depressed about my face, I finally went back to the doctors to be put on something else. A little history first. I have had acne since I was 12/13. It was worse back then than it is now, which is weird because when I was 12-15 I didn™t care about my acne. It was never œsevere but I still had quite a lot.  When I was 14 my mum asked if it bothered me and that I could have it treated. I didn™t care too much and I was like eh why not? And was put in zineryt lotion. That cleared up the majority of my acne, and I was on it for about a year and a half. I still did get some bad break outs though. Around 15/16 they stepped me up with a stronger form of the zineryt. It didn™t improve anymore. I still had acne, not as bad but still present in large amounts enough to bother me. I also was on the contraceptive pill which helped a little, especially with my forehead. This year March I went to the doctors again and they gave me lymecycline and benzoyl peroxide. It did nothing. I was on it for 6-7 Months and my skin is still the same. So a few days ago (I™m now 17) ,  I went back and they were shocked that it didn™t work considering my acne œcould be worse. So the doctor gave me the Yasmin option along with duac gel. I am currently on my 2nd day for the first pack and will be logging my progress down below :) 

Day 2: 

large spot on jawline has gone down, less painful too. Closed comedones on right jawline are healed, just scarring left. Spots next to eyebrows are still healing, just scabs now and dry skin on cheeks. 

My mum said my face is less red in affected areas and looks as if it is healing :D

MemberMember
(@kenshinhimura)

Posted : 09/29/2017 6:47 am

Day 3: 
small spots have appeared next to my lips :/ they™re not major spots more like slightly raised pink bumps, not really noticeable from a distance but still annoying! Everything else seems to be healing well

MemberMember
(@kenshinhimura)

Posted : 10/01/2017 1:20 am

Day 5: no new spots so far, everything is just healing.

MemberMember
(@kenshinhimura)

Posted : 10/03/2017 1:00 am

Day 7: 
a week already :0 it™s gone so fast. I don™t want to get my hopes up, but I think everything is getting better from now. I think those bumps next to my lips were my œinitial breakout and they™re fading away. Everything else is going well though. The only mistake I made was forgot to moisturise with duac. I was so flaky for the past few days LOL. but I™m all moisturised now :) 

MemberMember
(@kenshinhimura)

Posted : 10/06/2017 1:15 am

Day 11:
spoke too soon. Massive breakout on one of my cheeks

MemberMember
(@kenshinhimura)

Posted : 10/07/2017 2:09 am

Day 12:
everything is healing and scabbed over. I™m upset because I™m supposed to be meeting with a friend next Friday and I™m going to have pink scars everywhere :( 

Juwalker liked
MemberMember
(@juwalker)

Posted : 10/07/2017 2:21 am

Hang in there.

MemberMember
(@kenshinhimura)

Posted : 10/08/2017 7:15 am

On 07/10/2017 at 8:21 AM, Juwalker said:

Hang in there. 

thank you, really needed that ^_^

MemberMember
(@juwalker)

Posted : 10/08/2017 5:13 pm

As I am sure you know every med takes time to start working. 3 months at least really I think. Always think of the long term and don't let the here and now get you down. All the very best. Keep posting.

MemberMember
(@kenshinhimura)

Posted : 10/09/2017 12:57 am

7 hours ago, Juwalker said:

As I am sure you know every med takes time to start working. 3 months at least really I think. Always think of the long term and don't let the here and now get you down. All the very best. Keep posting.

Yeah I always think about it from time to time and remind myself to be patient, even when it becomes hard to stick to. Thank you so much!!

MemberMember
(@kenshinhimura)

Posted : 10/13/2017 2:15 pm

Day 18: 
Everything is healing, no new spots. 
But a new side effect: I™ve had the biggest appetite for the past few days! Not complaining as I love food, and I™m quite slim. But seriously have been non stop eating |

MemberMember
(@kenshinhimura)

Posted : 10/24/2017 11:01 am

Day 29:
have had a few small pimples form on my forehead, not much.due to my bangs probably. Everything else is still healing (pigmentation scars) not too bad at the moment.

MemberMember
(@sadface18)

Posted : 10/24/2017 7:00 pm

I have had a huge appetite too lately ( on day 16 atm). Breaking out a tiny bit but probably due to other factors. The main problem for me is hyperpigmentation and scarring right now. Seems impossible to get rid of. Please keep updating. Did you take the placebo pills or start a new pack right away?

MemberMember
(@kenshinhimura)

Posted : 11/06/2017 3:26 am

On 25/10/2017 at 1:00 AM, sadface18 said:

I have had a huge appetite too lately ( on day 16 atm). Breaking out a tiny bit but probably due to other factors. The main problem for me is hyperpigmentation and scarring right now. Seems impossible to get rid of. Please keep updating. Did you take the placebo pills or start a new pack right away?

I just finished my second pack! Yeah I went straight onto the next pack, and I™m going to do it again with the 3rd one. Same here with hyperpigmentation. But honestly it fades over the course of a month so don™t worry too much :) 

(Update anyway)
i finished my 2nd pack as I said above, my cheeks are clear and so is my nose. My jaw is the problem. Having acne on your jaw is related to Hormonal acne I heard so I™m guessing it™s the initial break out still going on? I™m just having previous spots that have left small lumps underneath the skin flare up from time to time. It flared up this week, but for most I can™t feel the lumps anymore so I™m hoping it will go down and stay like that. 

MemberMember
(@sadface18)

Posted : 11/06/2017 5:37 pm

I have just begun my second pack, I didn't skip the placebo pills since my OBGYN said I shouldn't. She said you should give your body 3 months to get used to th epill before you start skipping your period. I did get a pretty bad breakout somehwere during last week. I mean, all of the sudden I had a cluster of pimples on my cheeck and a bunch of big ones along my other jaw. This has to be the pill because I hardly ever breakout in those places, usually I do in slightly different spots. It was actually a bit of a shock because I never break out this bad at the same time, but I feel like I've been dealing with this ongoing breakout for two months now so I might as well keep going and hopefully my skin will clear up within this month. I think the manuka honey is great though and I am gonna start using vitamin c serum for the hyperpigmentation. The most important part is to not break out any further. I am having some issues on my forehead but I think maybe that's diet, not necessarily the pill. Anyway, sounds like you're doing well other than the acne on your jaw. Sounds like we are having the same typ of problem. Hopefully we can keep updating each other :D 

MemberMember
(@kenshinhimura)

Posted : 11/07/2017 3:01 pm

21 hours ago, sadface18 said:

I have just begun my second pack, I didn't skip the placebo pills since my OBGYN said I shouldn't. She said you should give your body 3 months to get used to th epill before you start skipping your period. I did get a pretty bad breakout somehwere during last week. I mean, all of the sudden I had a cluster of pimples on my cheeck and a bunch of big ones along my other jaw. This has to be the pill because I hardly ever breakout in those places, usually I do in slightly different spots. It was actually a bit of a shock because I never break out this bad at the same time, but I feel like I've been dealing with this ongoing breakout for two months now so I might as well keep going and hopefully my skin will clear up within this month. I think the manuka honey is great though and I am gonna start using vitamin c serum for the hyperpigmentation. The most important part is to not break out any further. I am having some issues on my forehead but I think maybe that's diet, not necessarily the pill. Anyway, sounds like you're doing well other than the acne on your jaw. Sounds like we are having the same typ of problem. Hopefully we can keep updating each other :D 

Yeah we are, I can relate with having acne in an unusual place! I never got it around my jaw area, maybe the occasional pimple but that pill must have caused it all to flare up, and I™m just dealing with it hoping it will go down and stop coming back up. Wow really? Maybe I shouldn™t have continued to the next packs. Too late though I just started my third, I™m just too scared to have a break in between and break out again ): I hope all goes well with that treatment! Personally I™m using tea tree oil and sudocrem for hyperpigmentation but only occasionally as it is quite drying. I hope all goes well within this next month for you, I™d definitely like to hear your updates ;D

MemberMember
(@kenshinhimura)

Posted : 11/12/2017 1:28 pm

Pack 3 day 6
Hyperpigmentation all over my jaw from the initial breakout. Lumps have disappeared. I only have a few spots on my forehead but again, my bangs are probably causing that so I cant complain. Skin has definitely gone down since last week, which was quite bad in terms of redness and inflammation

MemberMember
(@sadface18)

Posted : 11/12/2017 3:18 pm

So great that the bumps are gone! I can handle hyperpigmrntation better cause it is easy to cover

MemberMember
(@kenshinhimura)

Posted : 11/14/2017 12:30 am

On 12/11/2017 at 8:18 PM, sadface18 said:

So great that the bumps are gone! I can handle hyperpigmrntation better cause it is easy to cover

Haha thanks! :) I™m glad it™s easy to cover! How™s it going? I™ve found they™ve faded quite a bit for me, it™s just a bit pinky-red. 

MemberMember
(@sadface18)

Posted : 11/14/2017 4:38 am

Not quite there yet,they are fading hyt still a bit more red than I'd like them to be. The bumps are almost completely gone though! Not entirely, but almost. The only real issue UI'm having is my chin cause it is sooo congested! It's not acne, just clogged pores that I can't stop picking at. Other than that and the hyperpigmentation/ bumps on my cheeks I am pretty much clear!

MemberMember
(@kenshinhimura)

Posted : 11/15/2017 11:47 am

On 14/11/2017 at 9:38 AM, sadface18 said:

Not quite there yet,they are fading hyt still a bit more red than I'd like them to be. The bumps are almost completely gone though! Not entirely, but almost. The only real issue UI'm having is my chin cause it is sooo congested! It's not acne, just clogged pores that I can't stop picking at. Other than that and the hyperpigmentation/ bumps on my cheeks I am pretty much clear! 

That™s good to hear the bumps are almost gone :) yeah I had that problem too... I™d go at my pores for ages and just make things worse. Just remember leaving it alone will be better in the long run!

(Update) 
Pack 3 day 9
honestly the clearest I™ve been since August. All I have is scarring atm. I™m not going to jinx anything though. It just feels lovely feeling a bit more confident when leaving the house. Acne has made me miss days and days off school because of how it affects me. I™m hoping this keeps getting better.